Thank You, Ugly Rug

This one-shot is based off of the episode "The Carpet Diem" Enjoy!

You and Dipper's Age: 12

~•~Your POV~•~

I was laying down on my bed, reading a book when my phone rang. I placed down my book and answered the call.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey, it's me." A familiar voice said.

"Oh hey Dipper. What's up?" I asked.

"A lot. Mabel's having one of her crazy sleepovers again." Dipper sighed.

"Oh, I remember the last time I went to her sleepover. I had glitter stuck in my teeth for a week." I said, starting to pick at my teeth.

I heard Dipper chuckle.

"Yeah well, now I am forced to sleep outside for the night." Dipper said.

"Why don't you come over my house for the night?" I asked.

"Really? Would your parents allow it on such short notice?" Dipper asked.

"Yeah! I'm sure they wouldn't mind my best friend sleeping over for the night." I said, "Oh, by the way, don't bother to bring your sleeping bag."

"...Why?" He asked.

"...Because we can just share my king sized bed, duh." I said.

The other end went quiet.

"Dipper? You still there?" I asked.

"What? Oh, yeah, I-I'm still here." He said, trailing off at the end.

"I mean, if you want to just bring your sleeping bag-"

"No!" He cleared his throat,"I mean, I-it's fine." He said, his voice cracking a little, causing me to giggle.

"Ok then. See you in a little bit." I said.

"Ok, bye." He said.

"Bye~" I hung up the phone.

I dashed over to my dresser and pulled out of pjs to slip on. I ended up grabbing a neon (F/c) T-shirt, grey sweat pants, and (F/c) socks. I brushed out my hair and brushed my teeth quickly. Once I was all ready, the doorbell rang downstairs.

"I'll get it!" I yelled, running out of my room towards the door.

I swung the door open and smiled at Dipper.

"Hey! That was quick." I said.

"Well, I do live right around the corner." He laughed.

He brought his tan bag with him. I let him step inside my house as I closed the door.

"Who's at the door, hun?" My mom called out to me.

"It's just my friend, mom!" I called back.

We both walked to my room.

"So, what do ya wanna do first?" I asked.

"I don't know." Dipper shrugged, "I'm just glad that I don't have to sleep in the cold outdoors."

"Yeah. I bet if you did you'd get attacked by a wolf or somethin'." I laughed.

"Yeah, or an owl would try to eat my tongue." Dipper laughed.

We ended up in a fit of laughter.

:::::TIMESKIP:::::

It started to get late so we decided to go to bed. Even though we were both under the covers, it still was cold. Stupid cheap parents for only getting one blanket. But I doubt Dipper minds, cause I heard quiet snores from him. As I was about to fall asleep, I felt him shift over and wrap an arm around me, feeling my face heat up. I didn't push away though.