Colors

hi hello hola i am working on the request i promise but today as usual is a holiday so i have to make a holiday one-shot or i'll never forgive myself so here it is enjoy

You and Dipper's Age: Your Present Age

╳╳╳

3rd POV

Dipper held your hand tightly as he dragged you along up the hill in the depths of the night. The sweater Mabel had stitched for you clung to your body from the strong breeze hitting you. Your free hand wrapped around your figure, but you still held the smile on your face. The backpack he used to go on Monster Hunts was resting on his back, bouncing up every now and then from walking. Tonight was the night everyone was shooting off fireworks to celebrate our freedom, but right now you didn't feel all that free with your boyfriend's grip tightly grasping your hand, "Dipper, where are you taking me?"

He looks back at you, returning a smile, "You'll see." Dipper continues to drag you up the hill. Reaching the top of it, the view was break-taking. The Gravity Falls town was beneath the two of you, and since it was dark, all the lights were one in each building turning the landscape into an aesthetic picture. Townsfolk were already shooting off their fireworks, illuminating the bright burst of colors into the gloom sky. After the fireworks exploded small flickers of gold fell towards the ground, almost like water droplets descending into a moist surface of land. You stared heavenly up at the beautiful explosions, their colors reflecting off your iris and sclera.

"Is this... what you wanted to show me?" You questioned, the smile still spread across your face. "Well, part of it." As those words slipped from his mouth, you heard a match go off. The smile from your face dropped to a confused look. Spinning around on the heels of your feet and seeing your boyfriend behind you, your eye lite up with childlike wonder, the smile returning once again. Dipper held up two sparklers, holding out one towards you, "Aren't you going to take one?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow with his charming smile plastered on his face.

You nodded your head rapidly at him, quickly grabbing the one held out towards you into your hands. You pulled it closer to your face to look at it, both hands grasped around the small stick. Small golden specks flew off the sides of the bright burst of light in your hands, "Don't put it too close to your face or you might burn yourself." You felt Dipper's hands gently grasp your hands, jerking your sparkler away from your face. Your eyes lifted up to meet his soft brown ones. You giggle at him softly, "I was careful. It wouldn't have burnt me anyways." You said, rolling your eyes playfully.

Dipper swiftly pressed a light kiss against your cheek, then pulling away to speak up, "I know... but I still worry about you. You know I could never let you get hurt." He said, causing your cheeks to burst with color just like the red fireworks. Red. It's the only color that pops out at you to catch your attention, specifically during emergencies or showing emotions. Red was used for any love theme. Love. A word used to describe how you felt about Dipper, your boyfriend. You, (Y/n) (L/n), loved your boyfriend, Dipper Pines.

He still has a grip on your hands, so he guides you over to the top of the hill again. The sparklers in each others hand had died out, so Dipper had given each of you new ones. Just as if it was the circle of life. A bright light is born, energetic and alive. It slowly goes on in its life spam. But like everything else that breaths the air we all do, it gives out. The last breath of life getting gently blown away on the summer night breeze. But life is always given a second chance, a second chance of living. Thus, the spark of life is reborn again, going through the cycle all over again.

"So if looking at the view wasn't the reason, and I'm guessing the sparklers weren't the reason either... what is it that then?" You asked. Dipper smirks at you slightly, not saying anything. He looks out over the town, his eyes quickly scanning the area. You gave him a confused look, until you hear a firework shoot off. It was louder then any of the other fireworks, catching your attention. You quickly looked over the horizon seeing a red spark shooting up towards the atmosphere.

With a loud bang, the red firework went off. But instead of it being just a burst of color, the specks of red formed a heart in the gloomy sky. In the center of the heart was none other then your name in all capital letters. Your whole face lite up with childlike wonder again, the grin growing even wider if possible on your face. You looked over at Dipper after the specks turned to a dark gold and fluttered to the ground. He was already staring you, a lopsided smile on his face, "How'd you even pull that off?! Since when were you rich enough to afford this?! And why haven't I gotten any of this money?!" You questioned.

Dipper chuckled softly, scratching the back of his neck, "Well uh... Mabel knows a guy —apparently— who was able to get this certain firework." "Really?" "They apparently also made an extra 20 of these fireworks too. One of them has your name spelled wrong." You snorted with laughter, gripping your stomach, "We're gonna have to shoot them off some other time then." The two of you laughed together.

When your laughters calmed down, you both continued to look at each other. Unexpectedly, you grabbed the hem of Dipper's shirt, pulling him towards you. You smashed your lips onto his and shutting your eyes tightly. Letting go of him and pulling away, he gave you a shocked look, his face bursting with the color red this time. You smiled at him, causing him to smile back at you. Red. The same color he used to express his feelings towards you with the firework.

Because —of course— colors speak louder than words.

Happy Fourth of July🇺🇸

-xXgi-babygirlXx