Pretend Girlfriend

here's a little something since i've been inactive— sORRY :')

(dipper and mabel aren't related in this one-shot !!)

[not edited]

You and Dipper's Age: 16

3rd POV

"Yeah, my girlfriend and I went upstate over the weekend. We had a really great time together." Bill smirked, as he blabbed on to his two friends.

"Oh really?" Tyrone asked, a smirk beginning to form on his face, "Well my girlfriend and I went to a theme park and stayed in a hotel alone together... for two nights."

Dipper sighs, resting his head in the palm of his hand, listening to the two bicker with one another about who had the better relationship. He doesn't really know how he ended up becoming friends with both these airheads, but they all seemed to have clicked together. Moreover, it probably was mostly the fear of being an outcast for Dipper, since he told himself he wasn't going to be that one kid again. The three were currently in their school cafeteria eating lunch together.

Tyrone looks over at Dipper, "So, what about you? Have any girls gawking over you lately?"

"Tch." Bill started, leaning back in his chair, one of his arms resting behind it, "Don't even get his hopes up like that. You know there's no way that'll ever happen." Bill snickers.

"Gah!" A shocked expression comes across Tyrone's face, "Don't say that, Bill! It's already bad enough we talk about our relationships openly in front of him!" Tyrone snaps hastily towards Bill, who still held that stupid smirk on his face.

"Don't worry about it." Dipper mumbles into the palm of his hand, that was currently holding his head up, "I don't get effected by Bill's words anymore. He's too much of a coward to actually do something serious that'll really hurt my feelings."

"Huh?!" Bill yelled angrily, becoming defensive, "You're one to talk about being a coward! At least I have the guts to even talk to a girl and not freeze up!"

"I don't do that!" Dipper snaps back, suddenly jumping to his feet.

"Dipper... I hate to say this, but Bill is right for once." Tyrone sighs.

"What's that supposed to mean?!" Bill now snaps at Tyrone.

Dipper went to snap something back at the two of them, but words didn't seem to work for him. His face darkens as he begins to get lost in his thoughts and sits back in his seat. He hates to admit it as well, but he's never been great with girls. Heck, he's never even had a girlfriend all his 16 years of life. It didn't seem like a big of a deal, and it wasn't, but Dipper has secretly yearned to have some sort of relationship with someone.

He was happy to hear his friends openly talk about their relationships even if he didn't have one. The way their faces would light up —shockingly even Bill's— when they talked about their loved ones was always something Dipper wanted. He wanted to have the same feeling they had towards someone special. It's always been a desire. And with these thoughts swarming his head, the next several words that slipped passed his lips was because of it.

"You're wrong anyways Bill... I-I was with my girlfriend too."

Bill and Tyrone were both in the middle of bickering when Dipper spoke up, right in each other's faces. But as soon as they heard the words "my girlfriend" they both stopped mid-sentence, choking on their own words. They swiftly turn their heads in sync towards Dipper, shocked expressions coming across their faces now. Dipper realized the mistake he made as soon as the words left his mouth.