Just Friends?

QOTD: Who here watches Yuri!!! On Ice?!?!

Key: (F/n)~ Father's name
(M/n)~ Mother's name
(F/s)~ Favorite snack

*WARNING: most likely to have grammar errors since I'm dumb af*

~•~Dipper POV~•~

The last time I saw (Y/n) was probably back in 5th grade. How could I forget her. Braces, glasses, constantly wearing pigtails (unless you have short hair).  She was also the laughing stock of the school. I always felt bad about  that, so that's why we became friends, and only friends. I guess you  could say we were best friends, even if sometimes I did get embarrassed  when she did something really stupid or weird. But honestly, I can't get  embarrassed by that, since we're so much alike. I'm just surprised I  was even able to make other friends.

But then, 6 months later  of be friending her, she moved to a different state. It was sad for me,  since I lost one of my friends, but I still had other friends to  hangout with and talk too. And that's also when people started to pick  on me saying that my 'girlfriend' moved away to dump me and shit like  that, which isn't true. First off, she didn't move away because of me,  her family just wasn't able to afford their house anymore and were  forced to move. Second, we never were a couple, and never will be.

Now I'm 15, and I'm about to get some pretty shocking news from my parents.

"Dipper! Mabel!" I heard my father yell from downstairs.

I groaned to myself, before sitting up from my bed and shrugged out of my room. Mabel ran past me, hyper as always.

Now she's always so energized amazes me.

"Yes?" Mabel asked, as she hoped off the last step and smiled up at our father, me trotting down the stairs behind her.

"We have some news for  you two." My mother said, walking over to us, "His afternoon we are  going to a barbecue our new neighbors house."

"And guess who they are?"

Both my parents looked at me, smiled on their faces. I gave them an awkward look, "Uh, why are you guys looking at me like that?" I asked worriedly.

"Who are our new neighbors?!" Mabel asked, excitedly.

Of course she's excited. Why wouldn't she be?

"The (L/n)'s." Mom said.

"Wait really?!" I asked, as Mabel's mouth dropped open, and started to jump up and down, "Finally! A friend that's a girl living on our block! For some reason we have a lot of guy friends on our block." Mabel said.

"You mean to tell me- that the (L/n)'s — as in (Y/n) (L/n) — are our new neighbors?" I asked.

"Is there a problem?" My dad asked.

Of course there wasn't a problem, I was just shocked about all of this. I blinked at the two of them for a few seconds, before speaking, "N-No! No  of course not." I said.

"Well then, you two should start getting ready before we go over there in a other two hours."

"Okay!" Mabel smiled, hoping back upstairs.

Again, how is she so energized?! I can't even hop up the steps without getting out of breath hallway.

~•~•~

Hands shoved in jean pockets and head slightly hung low, the four of us  walked across the street to the (L/n)'s house. Mabel was wearing one of  her sundresses that she got recently.