One Day

^^^Song: Livewire/ Oh Wonder

On Sale: Gravity Falls Customized Tissues- Only $9.99!! But since I'm nice, they 4 free!!

^^^
As you can tell, this is a WARNING that this is a SAD one-shot

You and Dipper's Age: 18

~•~Dipper POV~•~

Powers.

That's what I had.

Seeing the dead is my power.

I have been working with the police since I have this special power. I can predict when there will be a murder or a shooting. I can also stop it from happening.

I have the most amazing girlfriend, (Y/n), who was one of the people who have believed me about my powers and didn't think I was crazy. We were best friends at the age of seven. And one day we went to a some gift shop and played a fortune teller game. When I slipped my coin in the slot, a piece of paper slipped out. And in bold words, it said:

'The two of you are meant to be together'

And ever since then, we've never been happier then ever together. I guess that fortune teller game was right.

But soon, the incident came.

*bang*

*bang*

*bang*

*distant screaming*

There was a shooting at the mall. I knew it was going to happen. Of course, no one got hurt since I saved everyone, but I did end up getting shot in my shoulder a couple of times.

I wake up, fluttering my eyes open. I hear the sound of beeping next to me. I'm staring up at a white ceiling, really only the sound of a machine beeping and my slow and heavy breathing.

I turned my head over slowly to my right. I see (Y/n) sitting in the chair, a tearful face. When she had noticed that I had awoken, a smile came across her face, and she sighed in relief. She quickly got up and came over to me. I smiled at her, as she ran her hand down my cheek. She kissed me softly on my lips, as I kissed back.

Everything seemed normal again after the very stressful and dangerous week. So, (Y/n) and I had taken a small vacation. Staying in my apartment together all day, watching Netflix marathons, sleeping with one another, everything.

Around a few days later on our small vacation, we were eating cereal at our small table in the morning, talking with one another. Then there was a knock on the door, making my head snap over to it. I looked back over at (Y/n). She rolled her eyes at me and motioned to the door with her head, telling me to answer it.

"One second." I said, before shoving a spoonful of cereal in my mouth and quickly heading towards the door.

When I opened it, I saw Mabel and Wendy, "Uh, hey guys. What are you two doing here?" I asked, as I let them in.

They gave each other a sad and nervous glance at one another. Finally, Mabel looked at me, as I saw tears forming in her eyes.