The Sailor and The Nurse

You and Dipper's Age: 30+

~•~3rd POV~•~

World War II was finally over. Everyone had gathered outside to celebrate with the citizens. Men and women either cheered and hugged one another. There were even men and women pulling one another into kisses.

A young sailor was part of the big crowd of citizens cheering about the War being over. He had noticed that some citizens were grabbing random people and kissing them.

Doing what ever one else was doing, the young sailor looked around for a woman to grab and kiss. He finally spots a nurse standing not to far from him, a big smile across her face as she was cheering with some other local citizens.

The young sailor quickly went up to the nurse. Catching the nurse off guard, the sailor wrapped his arm around her waist, resting his free hand behind her head, and dipped her. He swiftly kissed her on the lips.

The young nurse's eyes widened, and her heart sped up. Slowly, her eyes fluttered shut, as she placed her hand on the sailors cheek and kissed back.

Even if they were complete strangers to each other, they had both felt sparks go off. They heard some cat-calling and whistles from the people who were around them, but they kept on kissing. Finally, the sailor slowly and softly pulled away from the nurse.

They both stared into each other's eyes, dazed out. The sailor was finally able to get a good glimpse of the nurse. He saw that the nurse's eyes sparkled when she smiled at him, which he warmly returned.

Since the sailor was still dipping the nurse, he slowly rose her up, but kept her close to him, a firm grip still around her waist. The only sound they could hear was the citizens still cheering and their breathing.

"Uh, hi." The sailor awkwardly said.

The nurse smiled more, giggling, "Hi." She said back awkwardly.

There was some silence after, comfortable silence, "My names Dipper, Dipper Pines." The sailor smiled to the nurse.

"My names (Y/n), (Y/n) (L/n)." The nurse smiled back.

But what they both didn't know was that a famous photographer had snapped a picture of the young sailor kissing the young nurse.

And ever since that day and kiss, they were both known as: The Sailor and The Nurse.

_________________

_________________

Sorry this was a short one-shot

So this was a true story that happened after WW2 ended

I learned this in Pop Culture and I thought this would've been a really cute one-shot

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this!

~gianna_northwest