Dealing with the Devil

Published - Oct 31, 2017, 11:59pm

Special Halloween one-shot. Enjoy!

*WARNING: Probably bad grammar oOf*

You and Dipper's Age: 18

XXX

3rd POV

"I still can't believe you two broke it off." Mabel said half-heartedly, "I mean, you guys were perfect for each other. And you both seemed crazy for each other."

You sighed, your head resting on top of your crossed arms —that were resting on the table—, not wanting to answer why. "I mean, Halloween's in a couple of days. Now I won't be able to force you two to wear a couple's outfit." She pouted, resting her head on the palm of her cheek. "So what? Costumes are more important in this situation right now instead of my feelings?" You snapped, your head still resting upon your crossed arms.

"No... of course not." You felt Mabel place a hand onto your back, rubbing small, soothing circles, "It's just– you were all that Dipper ever talked about and now... he'd kill me if he knew who I was with right now." "Why?" You questioned, finally tasing your head. "I don't think he'd want me to be comforting you, technically the person who broke his heart." Mabel frowned slightly, removing her hand from her back. She looked down at her lap, her hands now clamped together on top of it, "I went to go comfort him first but he pushed me away. I knew you'd probably be hurting too, so i came to check up on you so... here I am."

You stared dumbfounded at her for a brief moment, before shaking your head and getting up, starting to walk out of the living room of the shack. "Hey! Where are you going?" Mabel called out, racing after. "I'm leaving the shack before Dipper comes back. i don't think he'd want to see my face." You sighed sadly, shuffling towards the door. You slipped on your shoes and grabbed your jacket from the coat hanger, swiftly putting it on. You faced Mabel for the last time before speaking, "Uh, thanks for comforting me, I guess. Make... sure you keep an eye on Dipper for me, will ya?"

"Of course. I have to anyways, he's my little bro after all." Mabel smiled sadly. You gave her a soft nod, turning around to face the door. Your hand reached out for the knob, and just as you were about to twist it open, someone on the other side had twisted it and swung it open. You suddenly became face to face with Dipper. He had a slight irritated look plastered onto his face, but when he met those familiar (E/c) eyes, his face softened to a pain expression. You heard him take in a sharp breath, then bite his bottom lip after.

"Hey... Dipper." You said dully. It was clearly obvious that he was fighting back the tears in his eyes, and without saying a word he pushed passed you, colliding your shoulder with his roughly. He made a break for it quickly upstairs. You sighed, looking down at your feet. You regret saying hi to him the way you did. Heck, you regret even saying "hi" at all. The poor guy is probably crippling apart just by the sound of your voice right now. "I'll... I'll go and check on him. See you later, (Y/n)." Mabel sighed, and with that she made her way towards the stairs, a lot slower than Dipper.

You waited until you couldn't hear the sound of Mabel's feet shuffling from above, and the sound of their bedroom door opening and closing, while still staring down at your feet. With that, you walked out of the shack, slamming the door behind you and not looking back. Not again, not ever.

____

You sat at the kitchen counter, the blaring music ringing in your ears, the tipsy teenagers slurring words vigorously to one another, spotlights flickering into your line of sight and blinding you slightly every now and then. You had been invited to a Halloween party, but due to your breakup, you didn't really feel like socializing with another living organism. It's not like you wanted to be thinking about your break, but after having that encounter with Dipper, it's really shaken you up now.