Christmas Tree

Published - Dec 25th, 2017, 11:59pm

3rd POV

"Are we there yet?" The question that's been asked for the past hour causes you to roll your eyes, your husband letting out a long sigh next to you in the driver's seat.

"Sarah, will you shut up already?!" Tyrone groaned, "I'm going to have to shot myself in the head if I hear that question again!"

"Tyrone." Dipper said strictly, "Don't talk to your sister like that."

"I'm kind of on Ty's side for once..." You mumbled quietly to yourself, but nonetheless, you turned around in your seat, giving a reassuring smile to your five year old daughter, "No, sweetheart. We're close though."

"How close?" Sarah asks, her head titling at you.

"Close." You said.

"Like very soon?"

Tyrone faces the car window and slams his forehead against it hard multiple times, "Tyrone stop that!" Dipper yelled, still keeping his eyes on the snow covered road.

You four have been driving for an hour to get tree lot for your Christmas tree. It was a cold, winter day, and a small snow blizzard also happened to hit you four on your way there. Little Sarah was soon losing her patience, although she never really had any since she was only five.

"Make-" Thud, "her-" Thud, "stop!" Thud. In between each word, Tyrone had slammed his forehead against the tinted window.

"Honey, control your son." Dipper said.

"My son?" You snapped, looking at Dipper, "And we shouldn't be worrying about Ty, we should-"

"Are we there now?" The small innocent voice interrupted your sentence.

You held your mouth shut, biting your tongue so you wouldn't snap. You took in a sharp breath, then faced Sarah once again, "Sweetheart, mommy already told you we are close. Now please stop asking us the same question." You spoke in the sweetest tone you can pull off, although you were starting grit your teeth.

There was a long pause of silence, the sound of Tyrone banging his head against the glass could still be heard, while hearing Dipper grumbling aloud to himself, "Okay mommy."

Those two words made all three of you sigh audibly in relief. Not too long after, you all pulled up to a tree lot. Dipper parks the car, and you make sure your children have their winter gear on- Tyrone protesting about you babying him of course. Getting out of the car, you watched as Dipper head towards the trunk, "Dip... are you sure you're going to be able to cut down a tree?"

"Of course, why would you question that?"

You gave him a blank stare, "You aren't the strongest boy in the world, you know. And we should have just taken Mabel's offer on getting a tree for us. I'm missing my favorite Christmas specials from driving out all the way out here." You pouted.

"What? You don't think I'm man enough to cut down a tree?!"

"Dipper, I never said-"

"I'll prove you wrong, honey." He basically mocked the last word, grabbing the axe he had placed in the trunk, slamming the door shut. He started off towards the tree lot, you watching from the parking lot.

"Where's dad going this time." Tyrone said, almost as if this wasn't the first he had to ask this question. He didn't even say it as if it was question.

You aloud, "Your dad's at it again."

"Trying to prove you wrong?"

"Yup," You sighed again, "but he always is wrong."

Tyrone chuckles softly at you. When you turn to face him, Sarah is waddling over towards him. Tyrone was adjusting his glasses, then runs his hand under his nose, sniffling. Sarah gives you a bubbly smile, her hair slightly blowing in the cold breeze under her hat. You smile at both of them, "Ty, take your sister's hand. Let's try and catch up to your father."

He rolls his eyes slightly at you, but nonetheless, he extends his hand out to her, "Come on, Sadie." Sadie is one of the nicknames Tyrone has always used for Sarah, mostly since when she was born he kept calling her "Sadie". Hey, he was only seven, give him some credit. Sarah happily grabs Tyrone's hand, "Okay, big brother."

You could help admire the cute moment, pouting slightly and awing. Tyrone notices, which only causes him to groan and start walking ahead of you, dragging a bubbly Sarah along. The search for Dipper wasn't too long, since you all spotted him by a tree. He had the axe settled on his shoulder, and he was scratching the side of his head, "How's it going, honey?" Just as he did before, you mocked the last word. Your sudden outburst caused him to get startled and turn to face you.

But when he noticed it was you and his children, he gave you an annoyed look and faced the tree again, "Actually, I'm doing great. I just found the perfect tree to cut down."

"Hmm, okay, and... are you planning on cutting down the tree anytime soon?" You questioned smugly.

"Yeah! O-Of course! Just gotta... find the right angle..." You could hear the hint of hesitation in his voice, which caused you to smirk more. Nope. He has no idea what he's doing.

"Well, you have fun with that... the kids and I are gonna go to the small cabin to stay warm. Have fun!" Dipper knew were saying these stuff on purpose to rile him up, and you were. You knew he wouldn't be able to cut down the tree, and you were annoyed by the fact that he placed words into your own mouth about you thinking he couldn't.

So, let him suffer, "Come on guys. Let's go to the cabin and see if they have any hot chocolate there!" You said, looking over at Tyrone and Sarah.

"Yay!" Sarah yelled, starting to jump up and down, clapping her mittens together.

"Okay, great." Tyrone shrugged, as the two started to walk away.

You give Dipper one last look, "Have fun, Dipper~"

The three of you headed towards the cabin. All three of you got your hot chocolate, while Tyrone had a long text conversation with his girlfriend and you were telling Sarah Christmas stories.

By the time you guys got back with Dipper, you found out that he indeed couldn't cut down the tree and had to get one of the workers to do it for him. Apparently he almost got seriously injured as well.

On the car ride home with the tree tied to the roof of the car, Tyrone and Sarah had both passed out, Tyrone's earbuds blasting in the silent car. Dipper had been ignoring you the whole ride home, while you still held your smirk on your face.

You finally look over at him, "Aww, you really don't need to be upset about not cutting down the tree, you know?"

He doesn't answer, keeping his blank stare at the empty road in front of him. You still continued to look at him, then you leaned in towards him and pressed a soft kiss against his cheek, letting it linger for a little bit before pulling away, "If you're upset about not being able to prove me wrong, you really shouldn't be. Cause you've proved me wrong many times before." You said, and just to possibly see him smile, you added, Love you."

Although you didn't see it, Dipper smiles slightly to himself, thinking how lucky he is to have you.

Merry Christmas

-xXgi-babygirlXx