Fireworks

^^^ Song: Girls Like Girls/ Hayley Kiyoko

A quick special one-shot since it's the Fourth of July. Enjoy!

You and Dipper's Age: 17

~•~3rd POV~•~

Yours and Dipper's friends were all driving — in two spearte cars — to the Gravity Falls lake where everyone in the town were heading to celebrate the Fourth of July.

But tonight for Dipper, this was the night he was going to confess his true feelings for you. He thought that this would be the perfect time to tell you. Sitting near the lake and sitting next to each other, or running around with sparklers in your hands, then he'll pull you to the side and tell you that he loves you, and fireworks will go off — literally — as you two kiss. He didn't have this plan written down with him sadly, only because Mabel threw it out on him on purpose and told him to just do it (A/n: Don't you Reader-Chans think of Shia LaBeouf 😂)

As the two cars parked in the parking lot, everyone flooded out of the cars, cheering, as they headed towards the lake. Immediately as Dipper got out of the car, he searched for you. When he spotted you, you were talking with Mabel, giggling with each other.

Crap, Mabel's probably talking about me again

"(Y/n)!" Dipper called out to you.

You and Mabel looked over at Dipper. Mabel elbowed you in the arm lightly, wiggling her eyebrows, "Go get 'im, tiger." She said to you.

You laughed at her, even if you were blushing, and walked over to Dipper, "Wassup?" You asked.

"I just wanted to hangout with you, is that a problem?" Dipper asked you, as you both started to walk after everyone else that went towards the lake.

"By 'hanging out' do you mean 'kissing a pillow with a girl's picture on it?'" You giggled, doing air quotes with your hands.

"Let me guess: That's what you and Mabel were laughing about before?"

"Yup-a-ronney." You nodded, a smile appearing on your face.

As the two of you reached everyone else, you both sat down on the grass as you watched everyone fooling around or telling stories.

So far everything was going as Dipper planned; In his head and on a piece of paper that is long gone now. Just a little bit longer until they start shooting the fireworks.

"Hey guys! I brought a couple of fireworks with me, you wanna shoot them now?" One of Dipper's friends said, an evil glint in his eyes.

"Where did you even get those fireworks? You didn't-- get them illegally, right?" One of your friends said.

"I know a guy." Dipper's friend shrugged, "But come on! It'll be fun!" He said.

Everyone looked at each other, before they all agreed and nodded. Two of the guys stepped away from the group of friends to set off some of the fireworks. Setting up the first firework, one of the boys pulled out a lighter, putting it on the string of the firework. The string caught on fire, and the firwork shot off. A beautiful red explosion appeared in the sky, as everyone watched in awe and clapped. The two boys set up the next firework, but right as one of them light the string on fire, the firework fell to its side, facing right towards-- guess who?!

You and Dipper.

The firework shot off, and almost everything went in slow motion as it headed start towards the two of you. You and Dipper yelled, you jumping towards the ground to the right, as Dipper jumped out of the way to the left, right as the firework went past both of you, exploding right behind both of you. You could slightly see the colors blue and yellow, but you were staying flat on the ground to protect yourself, and so did Dipper.