The Right Man

This one-shot goes out to dipperdipdip4. Enjoy!

Jackie and Dipper's Age: 14

~•~Dipper POV~•~

It was Mabel, Jackie, and I at the shack. School ended a few hours ago, so we decided to crash at the shack right after. We were in my room, and all Jackie was talking about was her boyfriend, Ethan. They been together for at least a month now. I was getting sick of him. I didn't like him, at all, either. Or maybe you could say I'm super jealous.

"Guess what Ethan did for me today?!" Jackie asked.

"What?" Mabel asked.

"Well, I opened my locker today and a bouquet of my fav flowers were in there! He left a note on it too saying 'To my love~ xoxo Ethan'. He's so romantic!" Jackie sighed dreamily.

"He's so romantic!" I mimicked, mumbling to myself.

But I think Jackie heard me.

"Uh, do you have a problem, Dipper?" Jackie asked, rasing an eyebrow at me.

"Oh no. Of course not." I said sarcasticlly.

"Don't mind him, Jackie. He's just jelly." Mabel smirked.

"Am not!" I snapped at Mabel, crossing my arms, angrily mumbling to myself.

Jackie was about to say something, when her phone vibrated. She pulled out and smiled at her screen.

"Oh! Ethan said he's waiting for me outside! See you guys later!" Jackie said, grabbing her bag and running to the door.

There was an awkward silence after she left.

"You know, bro bro, you had the perfect chance to tell her how you felt before she started dating Ethan." Mabel said.

"Well I'm sorry for being awkward and nervous around her." I mumbled.

"Riiight." Mabel smirked.

:::::TIMESKIP:::::

"Hey, Jackie? Why did you say yes?" I asked Jackie, as we were walking down the sidewalk.

"Say yes to what?" Jackie asked.

"Why did you say yes to Ethan, to go with him?" I asked.

She shrugged, "I don't know. I think he's really nice and kind~"

"Is that it?" I asked.

"Well, yeah." Jackie said.

"Nothing about him being good looking, charming, romantic? Just- nice and kind?" I asked.

"Jeez Dip. You sound like you're jealous." Jackie said.

"Yeah..." I trailed off, "I don't really think he's the right type of guy for you."

"And why is that?" Jackie asked.

"You know he's a player. He might just use you and break your heart." I stated.

"No he's not!" Jackie said.

"Oh yeah? Then how come I saw him call up a girl yesterday and ask her out?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.