Anxiety

^^^Song: Shark/ Oh Wonder

You and Dipper's Age: 15

~•~3rd POV~•~

:::::FLASHBACK:::::

You and Mabel sat in the hospital waiting room. You were a nervous and crying wreck. You remembered hearing a high piercing scream from Dipper back at the shack. He was freaking out and he wasn't acting like himself. So Mabel and you took him to the hospital.

Tears were going down your face, and you were shaking slightly. You didn't know what was going on with Dipper lately, but you were soon going to find out. Mabel rubbed your back soothingly, telling you calm things. You were even more upset then Mabel, who was Dipper's twin.

Finally, a doctor walked over to the two of you. Once you saw him, you shot up from the seat and ran up to him.

"Is Dipper ok?! What's wrong with him?! Where is he?!" You asked quickly, your eyes wide.

"Yes, Mr. Pines is alright at the moment. But, we did some tests on him, and we found out that he has developed PTSD." The doctor said.

"What's PTSD?" Mabel asked, once she got next to you.

"PTSD is Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. It's when the patient gets anxiety and flashbacks. The flashbacks are most likely triggered by a traumatic event." The doctor sighed.

Mabel and you looked at each other, wide eyes.

"Weirdmaggedon..." You whispered.

You both looked back at the doctor.

"Is there a cure?" You asked, a tiny bit of hope.

The doctor didn't answer, only frowned, "I'm afraid not."

You both gasped. Mabel covered her mouth, as tears poured down her face. Tears were already going down your face. But you couldn't take it anymore. You ran down the hallway to try and find Dipper's room, but the other doctors and nurses held you back, pulling you away.

"NO! NO! I-I NEED TO SEE HIM! NOW! PLEASE!" You scream and pleaded, as they tried to drag you back.

You struggled in their grip, while you sobbed loudly.

"PLEASE!!" You screamed, choking on your tears.

But they were too strong. They dragged you back into the waiting room, closed the door when they got you in, locking it. You ran back to the door and tried to open it, wiggling the knob. You banged your fists against the door, slowly weakening and becoming quieter. You finally stopped, still crying. You turned around and slide downwards against the door.

You hugged your knees and buried your head, crying into your legs. You felt Mabel's presents next to you, but you didn't bother to look up.

Everything is different now...

:::::PRESENT:::::

You were at the shack. Mabel wanted to hangout with Candy and Grenda, but she couldn't leave Dipper by himself. So she called you over to watch him. He complained at first, saying he didn't need a 'babysitter', but the two of you insisted. Well, mostly Mabel insisted.

It broke your heart every time Dipper started to break down, bringing you to tears. You and Mabel learned that if you talked to Dipper calmly, he'd slowly start go back to himself again. But whenever he starts freaking out, he calls for you, or screams to not touch you or that he needs to see you. You were mostly the one who talked to him calmly.

While you were watching T.V, you heard a scream from upstairs. It was Dipper. You swiftly moved upstairs to his room. Once you bursted through the door, you almost cried at the sight.

Before, Dipper was on his bed, peacefully reading one of his book.

Now, his book was laying upside-down across the room, while he was on his bed, hugging his legs, crying and shaking.

You slowly walked over to the bed, sitting down next to him. As you rubbed his back soothingly, you heard him whimper and cry more. Tears started to form in your eyes more, seeing your true love like this.

"Shh~ It's okay... Don't cry." You said calmly, hugging him.

He let go of his legs and hugged you tightly, digging his head in the crock of your neck. You felt him shaking, which made your tears start rolling down your face.

"Dipper-" You pulled away from the hug, holding his hands tightly, "Look at me."

He looked at you. His eyes were blood shot red, still crying. His face was flushed as well.

"What's your name?" You asked.

"Dipper P-Pines..." He mumbled.

"How old are you?" You asked.

"Fifteen..." He said.

"Where's Bill?"

He tensed up when you mentioned his name, but he answered, "H-he's gone. He's dead."

"Yeah, it's ok... You're safe." You said.

"I-I'm safe..." He said, nodding a little, getting less tense and shaking less.

You both stayed quiet after, only the sound of Dipper's sniffling.

"Take in deep breathes, ok?" You asked.

He nodded. He inhaled deeply, then exhaled, continuing this routine. He started to look much better then before, which made you happy.

"You better now?" You asked.

"Yeah... Much better..." He said, smiling slightly.

"Good." You sighed.

You just loved his smile. It always made your heart flutter. But you couldn't take it anymore. You leaned towards him, softly kissing him on the lips. His face went all red, eyes wide, but he soon fluttered his eyes shut, kissing back, placing his hand on your cheek. You pulled back slowly. You smiled a little at him.

"Love you~" You said, as you stood up and started to walk towards the door.

Dipper watched you in awe. As you reached the rim of the door, he responded, making you smile more and your heart flutter even more.

"Love you too~"
____________________

Sorry for the feels☹️

And that it's not my pic too

Credit goes to sailorleo on tumblr for the pic up top

But anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this one-shot!

~gianna_northwest