Chapter 2

The stewards of The Peninsula Tokyo, one of the most exclusive hotels in Marunouchi, ushered Japan's top CEOs and dignitaries through the grand reception area to the elevators.

As their group stepped into the vacant elevator, Jinpachi grabbed Mimi's hand and held her back. "We'll wait for the next one," he called out before Ritsu or Mimi had time to protest.

Mimi watched the sleek metal doors shut; her hands itched to pry open the elevator containing Ritsu. Her gaze darted to the left and then to the right. The yellow glow of stairs sign called out to her like a beacon of salvation. Twenty four stories of stairs, sounded better than being confined in an elevator with Jinpachi, any day. Her foot inched to the right to make a quick dash towards the stairs, but Jin was faster. His hand tightened around her arm. A deer caught in crossfire, she had no chance of running. No chance at all.

Jin made a mock disapproving tick of his tongue. Turning her partially towards him, he cupped her face in his hands. But Mimi couldn't look into those eyes, not when her resolve had turn tail and ran. However, Jin was determined, and forced her chin higher, her eyes, unable to find control, moved toward his.

"Do you find yourself amusing, wearing this dress?" Jin grip tightened, and his tone took on a hard and dangerous edge.

Mimi refused to allow any emotion to portray on her face, instead she held on to the blazing fire deep within her, and glared into his expression. "How could I resist, you're knack for making me into a monster is staggering, Jin."

The elevator doors pinged open, and Jin forced Mimi, step by step backwards, until her back angled against the side of the metal box.

Don't show desire, kept repeating over and over in her mind like a mantra. But even as she reinforced the statement, she knew, she couldn't deny Jinpachi the beauty he had been given. A strong angular bone structure, with masculine features and the designer stubble accentuating his jaw . . . reminded her of days long passed.

"Are you going to behave yourself tonight?" it wasn't a question, but a demand.

She didn't answer him; instead she chose to look at the wall. His grip tightened on her face until she yelped. "Yes," she submissively whispered.

"Good," he leaned down to her ear and purred, "Don't think for a second I've let last week go. You had better behave yourself tonight, Amelia. So help me, if I so much as catch you looking at another man, you will be sorry."

Some of her senses returned and she wrenched her face out of his hold. Cold as ice, she thought. "Oh, you're one to talk," she shot back with venom. "Last time I checked, you were banging that flight attendant. Why can't you go on with your life, and leave me the hell out of it?"

He pulled away from her his jaw tightened and the flash in his eyes was primordial, hungry, possessive and raging mad all at the same time. And she knew she treated on a fine line. One misstep and the monster could pounce.

"My dear, you started this." His razor sharp tone attested to Mimi's suspicions. He gestured between the two of them, "Or have you so easily forgotten last week?" Jin's one hand, slid lower, down her side, his grip tight, but enough to light the electrical surges in her body. A wide smile spread across his lips before he lowered his head to her ear.

"Where's the fun in leaving you alone, my little addiction." He whispered, his breath hot against the lobe of her ear all the while his hand had crunched up the fabric of her dress, pulling it higher. His fingertips, trailing behind, quickened her breath and set her skin alight with desire.

The ding of the elevator saved her from signing her soul over. Jinpachi's hand slid away, the dress slithering down her leg. He made no attempt to move. To any passersby, they must've look like a couple entranced by the atmosphere, but Jin's lips where pulled tight, his pupils almost nonexistence. His entire demeanor changing as he put his tatemae on─the facade of a respectable business man.

He stood up straight, smiled politely at her, and offered his arm. "Don't test me. Or you will regret it."

She straightened her dress and slipped on her own tatemae. It would've annoyed her how easily he shifted from, hone ─his true personality, to tatemae─ his public mask, if she wasn't just as adept at it as he was.  

***************

Hummm so what do you think about Mimi and Jin. Read on to find out what's going on there. 

Thanks for reading and please don't for get to vote.

love ya.