Chapter 23

...Thursday 1:45 pm...

Mimi let out a laugh as she walked up the stairs to their dorm with Julie. "Oh Julie, I can't believe you did that. You and Bret are hopeless, you know that, right?"

Julie grinned, "I know, but I don't understand why he doesn't ask me out already."

Mimi shook her as she stopped in front of her door, sticking her key in and unlocking it, she cracked it before turning back to Julie. "The poor boy doesn't ask you out because you are constantly flirting with his friends, genius. Honestly, you could throw the guy a bone. He thinks you're not interested in him. I mean, he's not a mind reader."

Julie snickered. "If I did that it would be too easy. I want him to chase me. I am not about to make things easy for him. Anyways, enough about me. I want to know what's going on with that new hottie!"

Mimi blushed as her face lit up. "Things are going really good with him. It's still early days but he's taken me out to dinner every night since our first date on Saturday." She opened the door a little further.

"I'm so jealous. I wish I had someone to take me out every night, and he looks like he's an incredible kisser. You gave us quite a show the other night when you two were sucking face against your door."

Mimi's mouth dropped in shock. "I can't believe you were watching. You are such a peeping Tom."

Julie turned and walked to her door across the hall. "I'm not the only one that was peeping. Besides, what do you expect when you put on such a good show? Those of us who don't have a man have to get our kicks somehow."

Mimi laughed again. "I can't believe you just said that. Girl, you are truly shameless."

Julia waved her hand in the air. "Yeah, yeah. Anywho, I'm gonna head to the library shortly. Did you want to come?"

"No, I've got a little more packing to do and then I'm going to grab a late lunch. If you need any help just give me a ring and I'll be happy to come down," Mimi said and walked into her room. The smile vanished as her eyes swept across the room and settled on her bed. "How the hell?"

Jinpachi stood up and stalked over to her. His deadly gaze locked onto her. "I will be the one asking the questions here." Before she could reach the door, he grabbed her arm and pulled her further into the room. "Why do you insist on being such a naughty girl?"

His tone told her she was standing on a knife edge. "Jin. . ."

He cut her off by placing a finger on her lips. "Tut-tut, if I were you I would think very carefully about what you say." He walked her over to her bed and sat down next to her. "Now, I'd like to know why you think it's acceptable to ignore me."

"I said all I needed to at the bar," She replied, determined to hold her ground.

Slowly he leaned into her until he was inches away from her face. "I see, you want to continue this little game we have going." An evil grin spread across his face. "I do believe I told you, you are mine. So please enlighten me as to why you are acting like some kind of bitch in heat with another man."

Her mouth dropped open and it took her a few seconds before she could compose herself. "I didn't answer your damn phone calls because I have nothing more to say to you. As for what I do with another man, it's none of your damn business."

She tried to get up but he seized both of her arms and held her in place. His hand tightened in a vice-like hold. "You made it my business when you kissed me, Amelia."

Searching his eyes, she could see he was hurt and he was doing what he usually did, which was lash out. It was a coping mechanism they both did and they were still recovering from cataclysmic consequences of it. Mimi exhaled sharply and closed her eyes, calming the anger and hurt burning inside of her. "Jin, I shouldn't have done that and I'm sorry. Please. I am begging you let me go."

His grip loosened and he rested his head on hers. "You know that's never going to happen."

Tears started to pool in her eyes. "You hate me that much?" The thought hurt more than she had ever allowed it to.

It had always been easy to shove her feelings for him in a box and lock them away when he wasn't around. Yet whenever he was close to her, it was hard to ignore how she felt about him, even more so when he was showing her his vulnerable side.

His face softened, he reached out and wiped away a few stray tears. "I can't believe you sometimes. What I said to you that day still stands and yet you're the one who stabbed me in the back. You're the one that continues to do so."

Hearing him say that and seeing him unguarded, her body acted on its own. She reached out and cupped his face. She was about to speak but he cut her off with a kiss. It was different this time, he was being tender and she felt it in him. It wasn't just about a fuck this time. And it opened the floodgates of the past. Against all her better judgement, she couldn't stop herself from kissing him back. They had so much history and the baggage was enough to sink an ocean liner.

Caught up in the moment, she let him deepen the kiss as he wrapped her in his arms. His tongue gently licked at her lips and she opened her mouth, allowing him access. Their tongues tangled as he pushed her onto the bed and started to unbutton her blouse. He started to kiss her neck when her phone rang.

*********************

Any who thanks for reading I hope you're enjoying the story and please don't forget to vote. 

Ps the song this week is another from my top all time loved animes Ghost in the shell (stand alone complex)  'Dew'. I love the sound track so I'll be putting more songs up from this anime.... if you haven't guessed yet I am an anime nut.