Chapter 86

Life at Shigure's was peaceful and Mimi thrived in it. She felt as if she was blossoming into a different person and knew if she stayed she would flourish. Before either of them knew it, a month had passed and Shigure's house had been fully decorated. Other than the empty bookcases, there were no signs that the house had been completely trashed. Mimi had even managed to drag him out clothes shopping and he now had a very trendy and up to date wardrobe.

Shigure continued to take Mimi out and shared his favourite places with her that where on his vast property. She loved the beauty and serenity of it all. It was like a sweet dream the two of them were living in and like all dreams it had to end.

"You know I feel like we're an old couple going to bed this early. I don't think I've gone to bed at Eight o'clock since I was seven," Mimi said getting off the bed and walking over to the chest of drawers to take her jewellery off.

Shigure was standing in the middle of the room and smiled. "You're the one that said we had to go to bed early if we were going to talk all night."

She turned and walked over to him. Placing her hands on his chest she tried not to relish feeling his strong muscles under his shirt. "Well what do you expect? We stayed up till Two am yesterday. It threw the whole day off today." Looking into his eyes she could tell there was something on his mind. "Go on spit it out already."

He smiled and ran his hand through Mimi's hair. "I just wanted to know why you permanently straightened it. You're hair was beautiful curly and I loved the way it would change colour ever so slightly when the sun hit the ringlets just right."

She was a little stunned that Shigure had paid that much attention to her hair. "Honestly I was sick of Ha pestering me to change it. In the end I just did it to shut him up. I'm happy with it . . . I guess." It was still strange for Mimi looking in the mirror and not seeing her curls in the mornings after she showered.

He let her hair fall through his fingers then looked straight into her eyes and said, "I would've never tried to change you."

As they stared into each other's eyes she felt a change in the air. It crackled with and unknown force that drew her to him like two magnets being pulled together. Shigure bent down toward her face and brushed his hand along her cheek. Instead of pulling away she placed a hand on the side of his face, his cheek radiated heat.

They were gazing at one another for a long time and she felt as if he was looking straight into her soul. Then he inched he lips toward hers until they touched and paused in a silent request. She answered by closing the gap. It was the deepest kiss Mimi had experienced and the force of her emotions hit her obliterating everything, leaving her free falling. She wrapped her arms around his neck as Shigure ran his hands through her hair, their tongues entwined. She savoured his deliciously sweet taste. It was like nothing she had ever experienced before, and she felt as if she was becoming one with him. The electricity that sparked as his touch felt like it could light up the entire island of Honshu.

Mimi had used the term going weak in the knees to describe how it felt when she kissed Hatori. But as she was kissing Shigure, Mimi felt as if she was going weak in her soul. There was more than just passion in the way the two of them were kissing and it felt like pure unadulterated love.

As their lips connected and their tongues licked at each other she felt as if all of her feelings for him were coming out for the whole world to see. It scared her and she pulled away. She stayed rooted to where she was staring at Shigure trying to make sense of what just happened, but try as she might she couldn't.

She'd crossed the line she'd been toeing around for the past month. Her world started spinning out of control and knew she had to get out of the bedroom as if her life depended upon it. She turned to run; Shigure grabbed her wrist pulling her back to him and kissed her once again.

He held her in his arms caging her to him. She relaxed into him and there was a fierce longing that exploded between them. She felt as if this was exactly where the two of them belonged, and she didn't want it to end. Their lips met once again and the kiss deepened, their tongues entangling, and the room started spinning. Mimi could feel her body getting hotter and hotter and her heart burned inside her chest.

When Shigure let go of her she stared at him breathless trying to get her synapses to start firing again. Then she bolted out of the room nearly tripping on the stairs. When she got downstairs she leaned against the wall in the hallway and sank to the ground. She was panting and touched her fingers to her lips. Closing her eyes she could still feel Shigure's lips on hers.

Her eyes shot open and she gasped, she remembered Hatori and it was like a slap in the face. Tears flooded her eyes and her whole body shook, the guilt engulfing her. Mimi felt like she was going to come apart at the seams, and began to bang her head against the wall muttering, "What have I done?"

Shigure crouched down, wrapped his arms around her and pulled her off of the floor. "I'm sorry. This was entirely my fault." Her eyes snapped up to his and she could see it was killing him to say it. "I don't know what I was thinking." She wanted to scream at him to stop but couldn't find the words. "Let's just forget this ever happened, and just be friends again." Each word felt like tiny knifes shredding her soul.

She couldn't tear her eyes away from his and in that moment she once again felt herself being pulled to him like a magnet. She knew what just happened was not a mistake and it wasn't Shigure's fault, but she was torn and felt scared and guilty. Before she had a chance to make any sort of decision they heard Hatori at the door.