Chapter 64

Everyone in the room could hear Kaname shouting down the phone.

"No that is not what I meant and you know it, calm down you're overreacting."

Mimi cringed knowing that was the wrong thing to say to a woman when she's all worked up. It was the equivalent to flicking a match on petrol.

Shigure held the phone away from his ear until the screaming stopped. "Okay, okay just calm down. You know that's not what I meant." He stood up and walked out of the room. "I really think you're being unreasonable Kaname. Come on, you know I don't want you to leave."

Everyone was still listening as Shigure left the room.

"Boy, oh boy, does my son know how to pick them or what," Shizune said when Shigure left the room.

"Those two have been on again off again for years. You just have to let them sort it out," Daisuke replied.

Shigure poked his head in and looked somewhat embarrassed, "I've got to go and try to calm Kaname down. This could take a while," then he left.

"We should go as well. I managed to get my mother to give Mimi another room and I want to make sure it's appropriate this time," Hatori said helping Mimi up.

"It was very nice to meet you Shizune-san and Daisuke-san," Mimi said.

"Come back any time dear and honestly you can drop the San we like to keep things informal," Shizune said.

After Hatori put his shoes on he looked down at her bare feet and arched an eyebrow at her.

She smiled and said, "Gure came and got me through the window."

"That sounds like something that idiot would do. You really wouldn't think it by the way he acts, but someday he will be the head of this family."

"Really," Mimi answered shocked. She had thought it would've been Hatori because he was pushed into taking over the family business.

"Yeah, Daisuke is the oldest son and he is the head of the family now. When he passes away Shigure will take his place." As if he could tell what Mimi was thinking he then said, "You are wondering why Gure wasn't made to help run one of the businesses." She gave him a nod and he stroked her cheek. "It's simple. He never had the desire to and you saw how laid back his parents are. That left just me to take on everything."

"That must have put a lot of pressure on you," Mimi said as they left the house and started walking back across the grounds to the main house.

"The truth is I love what I do," Hatori lit up as he said that. "Soon I'm going to be taking over another one of our companies. I'm having a meeting about it tonight, so I'm going to be gone for a while tonight."

"Okay. How long have you known about this?" Mimi asked annoyed.

"I've known this would happen when I first took charge of the Hotels. But my father just told me today that I would be taking over the electronics firm," he replied with a smile plastered across his face.

She gave him a look as if to say Yeah right.

"Don't give me that look, Mimi. This is a big deal and something I've been working towards since I was at university. I promise, if I had known this was going to happen I would've told you."

"Fine, can we go back to the main house already?" she said looking away from Hatori. She was still annoyed and the prospect of being left on her own with Kyoko wasn't something she was looking forward to.

"No," Hatori said taking Mimi's hand and led her further away from the main house to a small house that had both a bamboo and a topiary fence encircling the tiny one room house. He led her through the gate and around to the back of the house. Then he looked into her eyes. "I'm not letting you go till you forgive me.

"Stop being silly, Hatori. You said you didn't know, so there is nothing to forgive," Mimi said trying to leave.

"Your mouth says one thing but your eyes say something else. You forget I can read you like a book, Mimi Fairfax." He put his hands on her shoulders and gently pushed her up against the back wall of the house and kissed her.

Mimi gave Hatori a smile all the anxiety melted away by his lips. "I forgive you, now stop before someone sees us."

Hatori ran one hand through the back of her hair and grasped a handful of it gently tilting her head back as his soft lips planted deep kisses along her neck. "No one will see us. No one ever comes here." Hatori smiled against her sensitive skin as he ran his other hand up her inner thigh. "It's one of the few places where you know you're going to be left alone."

Hearing those words, she couldn't hold herself back any longer. All the stress of the day needed to be released and she started kissing Hatori with a savage force.

He released her hair and reached over and opened the sliding doors, then pulled away as he swiftly tugged her inside. Mimi's legs got tangled in Hatori's and they tumbled to the floor in the tiny eight tatami mat house. Both of them burst out in laughter as they lay on the floor looking into each other's eyes.

She brought her lips to his and then curled her fingers in his hair as she planted soft kisses on him, working her way down his face and neck. Hatori's strong hands ran down her back stopping to squeeze her bum and then gathering up her dress he pulled it off of her. Mimi sat up and pulled him up with her and yanked his top off.