Chapter 84

Mimi poked her head in the bedroom and was happy to see Shigure stretched out on the bed and wasn't hiding in a ball under the covers. She quietly walked over to the side table that was next to the bed and reached down to take away the empty plates.

Shigure grabbed her wrist causing her to yelp. "Damn, you scared me. I thought you were asleep," Mimi said as her heart hammered in her chest.

"I just wanted to thank you for helping me," he replied letting go of her.

Mimi knelt down by the bed and smiled at him. "There's no need to thank me. I still feel like I should be the one thanking you."

"What are you talking about?"

"You helped me so much back in Mito and getting Yoshi to turn my story into manga. When I saw Yoshi's drawings it felt like my dreams were coming to life." Mimi looked down. "And then there's the whole Jin . . ." Jinpachi's name seemed to stick in her throat. Mimi took a few deep breaths, her lungs burned as the memories threatened to resurface. Shigure squeezed her hand and when she looked into his eyes Shigure gave her an understanding nod. "I don't know how I'll ever be able to repay you for that Gure," Mimi said very grateful to him for everything he had done for her.

He smiled reaching his hand out wipping away the stray tear that had run down her cheek with his thumb and looked into her big icy gray eyes. "Hey stop. I'd do a hell of a lot more to help you, Mimi. And I wouldn't want anything in return."

The way he was looking at her was so intense it pulled at her heart and twisted in her chest. The doorbell rang and Mimi jumped. "That will be dinner; I hope you're hungry," she said looking away. "Why don't you come downstairs and eat if you're feeling up to it?"

She put the food on plates and poured some wine she'd bought in plastic cups, and then waited for Shigure to come down stairs. After waiting ten minutes she figured he wasn't coming and put his dinner on a tray and took it up to him.

"Not ready to get out of bed yet," Mimi said setting the tray on the bed side table. "I figured it was a long shot."

He turned his head towards her and smiled; she gave him a warm smile in return and said, "Ok I'll leave you in peace. I will come back for the dishes in a bit."

Sitting down to eat her dinner she sighed and thought, what on earth am I going to do to help him? Mimi knew Shigure needed time but she also knew she couldn't stay up here forever. She had to at least get him up on his feet before she left. She rested her elbow in the table and placed her chin on her hand. Racking her brains for what helped her when Jinpachi had broken her heart, and sighed knowing there was nothing that helped. Realising this Mimi lost her appetite and she pushed her plate away.

"Is the food really that bad?" Shigure asked startling Mimi.

She smiled as she shoved all thoughts about Jinpachi to the back of her mind and replied, "I don't know I haven't tried it yet. To be honest I'm not that hungry." As soon as Mimi said this her stomach growled like a tiger.

"I think your stomach would say otherwise." Shigure walked over and pushed the plate of food back to Mimi, then set his plate down and sat next to her.

"I'm glad to see you up and about." Mimi grabbed her chopsticks and dug in.

"I figured it was time." Shigure looked around to an empty house. "Man that crazy bitch trashed the place."

"Yeah pretty much everything had to be thrown out. On the bright side most of the furniture will be delivered in the next two days, and I made sure to get top of the line stuff, so I hope you like my taste." She'd had fun buying everything and really hoped he would like what she had chosen.

"I'm sure what you've chosen will be fine. By the way thank you for coming up here. I knew it was over between me and Kaname months ago. So I guess she did me a favour in the end."

"Well that's a good way of looking at things."

After dinner they sat at the table talking until Eleven. Mimi yawned and said, "Man I am tired. I'm going to call it a night."

"Where are you going to sleep now that all the furniture has been tossed?" Shigure asked.

"On the floor in one of the bed rooms," Mimi answered. It had been a long time since she had to sleep on the floor and even though she wasn't looking forward to it she didn't mind.

"Don't be silly you can sleep on the bed, I will sleep on the floor," Shigure replied. "I'm not about to let you sleep on the floor."

"No way I'm not taking your bed I'll be fine on the floor."

"Honesty, you can be stubborn sometimes, how about if we share the bed." A grin spread across her lips as she arched an eyebrow at him. "Oh don't give me that look. I can be just as stubborn as you. I figure this is the only option that will prevent us both sleeping on the floor to prove a point."

"Umm. . . I don't think Ha will appreciate me sharing a bed with a perv like you," Mimi laughed. She knew nothing would happen but she didn't want to do anything that would upset Hatori.

"Ha won't care trust me." He shook his head and chuckled. "I find it funny that you would've had no problems taking my clothes off and sitting in the shower with me in order to make sure I got clean when you thought I wasn't going to take a shower by myself. Yet you're reluctant to sleep next to me in a bed fully clothed."

Mimi blushed and replied, "Don't be such an idiot. That was different and you know it."

"Then there's only one thing for it," he said picking up the phone and dialling a number. "Good morning Hari-chin," he said as Mimi watched him wide eye. "I'm just calling to ask you if you mind if me and your girlfriend sleep together." Shigure gave Mimi a wicked grin and a wink.

She rolled her eyes, he is such an ass, and grabbed the phone away. "What the idiot means is, all the furniture and beds are gone except for one. Neither one of us wants the other to sleep on the floor; but I didn't know if you would be ok with me and the idiot sharing the same bed."

Hatori laughed, "You both are idiots, and I don't mind. I trust you both. I mean really, Mimi, I've left you and Gure alone together for months now. You've never thought of him as anything other than a friend have you?"

"Of course not. Gure is. . . Gure."

"Then I'm fine with it. Now, can I get back to my meeting?"

"Oh, off course. Sorry. Love you. Bye."

"I love you too."

Shigure was laughing as she hung up. "Now then can we go to bed?" he asked.

"You are such an ass," Mimi said walking up the stairs to the bedroom.