Chapter 6

"Baby," he purred, the word ricocheting through her awaking and tightening every muscle deep in her core. "You and I belong together." The longing and need in his deep voice trembled down her neck to her breasts making them ache. "And I'm quite sure the two of us could be doing, other things, together." His lips moved toward hers.

His beautifully curved and full lips hovered so dangerously close the heart from them seared her lips. Everything inside of her screamed: Give in and lose yourself in those lips. But his words struck Mimi, halting her in her tracks before her treacherous body had a chance to show any the longing he had stirred inside of her.

She took a good look at him. Jin rarely openly confessed nowadays that they were good together. Their breath mingled and she inhaled deeply through her nose to calm the burning desire raging inside her.

She smelled the alcohol on his breath and everything became clear. How had she not notice it before? He was drunk. Longing quickly turned into hurt. Why the hell was it so damn hard for her to get it though her thick skull: he didn't love her any more. Anger at her own stupidity coiled around her choking any since of self preservation.

She narrowed her eyes and twisted her head as far as she could, and squirmed in his grasp. "Let go of me, now! You're drunk and I'm not interested in what you're offering." Even an idiot knew when to give up, and right now, she needed to give up and get the hell away from him or she'd be trapped, unable to escape.

"We both know that's a lie," he leered at her, pulling her back into him, running his finger up her thigh along the side slit in her dress. "Why else would you wear the same stockings we fucked in last week?" He pulled at the stockings and snapped it back in place, toying with it like someone toying with a rubber band.

Mimi had forgotten the little detail. The tattoo stockings with a flower chain of lotus blossoms and butterflies were her favourite. She wore them whenever she got the opportunity. Not anymore. When, and if she escaped Jin's grasp tonight, she would cut the stockings into shreds and burn them herself. No matter how much it pained her.

"I'm the only one who really understands you." He whispered in her ear, sending a shiver through her. "When are you going to give in to fate and stop denying it?" Jin pulled back to look at her, inviting her to play their perverse little game.

"Let. Go. Now. I won't repeat myself again. Or, do you want me to tell Genma what a true bastard you really are?" Mimi said taking the bait. She could end this fiasco between them in the blink of an eye. They had a safe word, of sorts, but she kept it for rare instances of weakness.

A slow grin spread across her lips as she readied her claws to sharpen on Jin. Like an addict she became hungry for more. Each time they would bash it out, the hurt, humiliation, and anger over what happened in their past, would claw at her, and turn her into a monster she didn't recognise. "Or better yet, I can tell him that we will never get together again because you're a, cheating, lying, twat!"  

Jin laughed in her face, his alcoholic breath choking her. "Stop lying. You would never break up my family. And as long as were playing this game, how about your secret, shall we tell them of that too?"

Mimi sucked in a sharp breath. What did people say about drunks? They always spoke the truth when intoxicated and as his hand travelled down to her stomach, Mimi couldn't deny that her side was putting up a losing fight. Her heart twisted, and the memories knocked on the door. She wanted to run. To escape them, but they were worse when Jin, so concrete and real, stood before her. Exhaling in short, shaky breathes; she squirmed as he splayed his palm flat against her lower abdomen.

"Do you really think Genma would forgive you for what you've done, and how do you think Ritsu would react? Face it; your selfish actions took what was mine. Don't think, not even for a second, that I will ever forgive you, Mimi. Mark my fucking words, I will never let it or you go and you will never stop paying for what you did."

The force of his words hit her worse than if he had actually kicked her in the gut. Mimi gaped like a fish as she fought back the tears, threatening to fall. She knew he was right, they would blame her. No one would ever forgive her if they found out the truth; especially when she couldn't even forgive herself.

She sagged back against the window the chill biting into her skin as Jinpachi's words knocked all the fight out of her temporarily subduing her. What he had said rang true and the fear of losing the only people she thought of as family was like a sledgehammer to her spirit.