You light up my world

Manik

So finally....like finally hum ghar ja rhe hai....I toh thought ki aaj college me hi night out ho jaega humara!
"Manik!" Came a sweet melodious voice of my nandu which bought me out of my imaginary land. "Huh!?...kya hua?"" Tum theek to ho na manik?...I mean main tumhe kabse bula rhi hu but u just lost somewhere" "no no...nothing like that...I was just thinking about something" " ohh...something.... Or..someone?huh?"she asked voicing her suspicions. "No star....its nothing like that...trust me!" I spoke justifying myself. " chill my monster....I was just joking". Phew! Thank god!....this girl na......seriously!

Soon we sat in my car and headed home. The drive was really silent....so unlike the usual one where nandu being the tired soul slept as we reached halfway stuck in the most famous Mumbai traffic and I kept stealing glances from her.....busy admiring her. Aah....her calm and peaceful face, her hair slightly falling on her temple disturbing her sleep which made her frown time and again and that smile which can make anyone's day....she looked so beautiful and perfect even in her sleep. I was busy admiring this beautiful Angel beside me when a small boy knocked my side of the car window carrying fresh white lilies asking me or rather requesting me to buy those. I thought for a while and then bought the entire bunch. Nandu loves white lilies...she'll be so happy to have them!....I thought with a smile and drove off to my house. We reached within some fifteen to twenty minutes. I was lucky enough because nandu was sleeping and being the heavy sleeper she is, she won't wake up that easily and I could therefore easily plan my surprise for her. I got out of my car and picked her up gently keeping in mind not to disturb her deep slumber and entered my apartment. The watchman eyes were literally out of his sockets seeing the rude and arrogant manik malhotra carrying a girl in his arms that to so carefully. I had a hard time controlling my laugh seeing his condition. I reached my flat and went straight into my room to make nandini lie down and covered her with the soft duvet. I then rushed out again to gather all our belongings from my car and locked the door as I entered my house. I freshened up quickly and then began executing my surprise for my brightest star.

Nandini

I stretched my arms and woke up feeling rejuvenated after my peaceful slumber but the fact that shocked me the most was my surroundings. Where am I? Am I kidnapped?....no if I was kidnapped I would not have been in such a nice condition... So now my question was again the same...where the hell am I? It was then I remembered that I had left with manik so maybe this is his place....yeah maybe. I started looking around for clues and found various pictures of me,manik and the fab 5 on the opposite wall and I heaved a sigh of relief. Nandini murthy what were you even thinking?....kidnapped! Like seriously!? I chucked away all my thoughts and decided to search for manik. I stepped down from that comfy bed only to find myself walking on a pathway of rose petals and it was only then I saw that the entire room was decorated with candles and rose petals leading me to what I suppose the living room.

 I stepped down from that comfy bed only to find myself walking on a pathway of rose petals and it was only then I saw that the entire room was decorated with candles and rose petals leading me to what I suppose the living room

I got down of the bed and started walking. As soon as I opened the door I found a heart shape made with candles with a note of my name inside it.

 As soon as I opened the door I found a heart shape made with candles with a note of my name inside it

I quickly took the note and started reading it....

Nandini....you know what? You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. You are the bestest friend that anyone can have. Nandu....you are my star and the brightest one. YOU LIGHT UP MY WORLD and so today I have made an attempt to light up yours with all these brightly lit candles and I hope that my efforts pay off. Let me know if I was successful by giving me your precious smile....that's all I want.

Yours Monster.

The note instantly brought a huge smile across my face and I started calling out for manik.
" manik?....Mani?...please come out na....where are you?" I called out many times but all I got in response was silence. I moved forward and saw a small gift box with a cute bow placed on a table for me. I rushed to open it and found a butterfly hair clip with another note. I read it...

Nandu I know that you really wanna see me now but have some patience my star......I'm around. Btw...this is a small gift from my side to you. Hope you like it. Sorry I could not do much in this short period. I just hope you like it.

Your Monster.

Like? I loved it! Manik where the hell are you?? Arghghghgh!!!! This boy is really testing my patience now. I again started moving further hoping to find manik soon.