The Fresher's Party

Manik

Nandini bid me a bye and literally ran out of my house after our most awkward encounter that had taken place a while ago. I could understand how difficult it would have been for her but I don't know why, her proximity sends jitters down my spine and her sweet scent drives me insane and whenever I look into her big doe hazel eyes I just loose myself into them.

What are these feelings?? I never felt these before with her around? Get a grip over yourself manik...she's your best friend and you can't loose her due to any of your stupidities. I sighed at my own confused thoughts, changed into my PJs and lay shirtless on my bed covering myself with the black duvet. I closed my eyes and all I could see was a smiling nandini in front of me. I smiled and soon drifted into a peaceful slumber with a satisfied smile.

The sun was shining brightly and my stupid alarm was ringing continuously forcing me to come back from my beautiful dreamland. I saw the time and....oh shit! Holy f*** its 8 already and I need to reach college by 9 and also pick nandu on my way, all thanks to the fake couple drama that we had to do. I had to hide this from fab 5 and Abhi so that they don't react indifferently and take it seriously so that people actually think that me and nandini are dating. Gosh! Can my life get any more complicated!? It's not like I don't like her company or something. It's just that I'm scared to face her after the encounter we had last night. Will she be angry? Or is she confused and messed up just as I am? Whatever! I shooed my thoughts away and took my phone to call her but did not have the guts to dial her number. I kept on thinking if I should call nandini when my dear Mr. Brain had to start with his speaking. "You think a lot manik....you are the manik malhotra....how can you be nervous."
"Yes call her manik." This time even my heart supported my brain. No I can't I sighed being helpless. "Yes you can" both my heart and brain spoke together. After thinking for another while I finally decide to text her that I would pick her up for college. I left my phone on the bed and made my way to freshen up and get ready.

I walked out of the washroom after a quick hot shower and checked my phone but no reply from her. I waited. Seconds passed which soon turned into minutes but yet no reply. I thought that she was probably mad at me because of last night and I cursed myself for not being able to control my raging hormones. Pfft! stupid hormones. I was busy cursing myself when my phone beeped and I received a text from nandu.

Star: OK wen vl u be here? I don't want to be late

Me: ya don't worry madam u vl reach on time. I'll be der in 10

Star: OK come soon

Me: ur driver is at ur service mam!
Thank God she's not mad at me. I can tolerate anything but nandini being angry or not talking to me sucks the life out of me. Chalo manik beta lag jao kaam par varna agar late pahucha to your cute si star will show you real stars in the daylight. I chuckled to myself and drove to nandini's place.

I pulled outside her driveway after 10 minutes. I was waiting for her leaning on my car, engrossed in my phone when she reached. She snapped her fingers in front of my face to get my attention and what I saw was really cute and mesmerizing. There she was standing irritated and confused with her signature pout on wearing a stunning yellow sundress looking amazing as ever.

 There she was standing irritated and confused with her signature pout on wearing a stunning yellow sundress looking amazing as ever

Nandini's outfit

What. The. Hell. Manik? You are ogling at your BEST FRIEND like some love sick puppy. Get a grip over yourself boy.

Nandini

Holy moly I was late. Manik must be waiting. Nandini what is wrong with you!? You only instruct him or rather warn him to come on time and then you yourself show up late. No no no no no! This is not happening at all. I rushed towards his car and what I see annoys me. Manik is so busy with his phone that he did not even notice me. Whatever. I clicked my fingers in front of his face to get his attention and he shot his head up the very next moment now getting busy in staring at me. Aiyyappa yeh ladka! I decided to break his trance so I spoke." Um manik?" " hmm" " aren't we getting late?" " hmm" he simply hmmed in response. This behaviour was pissing me off now. I yelled frustrated shocking him to the core " manik malhotra get in the car right now, we are getting late" he was so shocked that he just bobbed his head like an obedient child and did as I said. I bit my lip to suppress a giggle seeing him act so cute. I went all aww but soon composed myself.

We reached college on time thankfully as there was less traffic today. We entered the college building when an announcement grabbed our attention.

Good morning students. Hope you started your day on a bright note. OK so not taking much of your time now I just wanted to inform you guys that like every year even this year space is organising a fresher's party. Yes! You heard it right. Excited much? So students to know what exactly is going to happen you all will have to assemble in the auditorium asap. Thank you.

Wow fresher's party. I'm so excited.
"Manik did you listen?! Fresher's party!! I'm so excited" I said beaming with excitement while he chuckled at my childish behaviour nodding his head in disbelief and I pouted. "Yes nandu I heard...excited much?" " very" I replied with the same excitement as we headed to the auditorium expecting  to meet the rest of out friends there itself.