Nostalgia

After asking nandini to wait in the room, manik made his way to the mini kitchen downstairs. Though never in his life would he step inside a kitchen but still he was doing so for nandini. It was like their ritual since childhood, he making hot chocolate for them and then they both spending some good time together and he made sure that it continued.

He entered the kitchen all prepared and started gathering the ingredients required to make hot chocolate and soon enough he got busy making it. If someone else would have seen the manik malhotra like this in the kitchen then he would have surely fainted of shock because this manik standing in the kitchen wasn't who the world knows, here he was only the manik that nandini knows, he was nandini's manik right now and the glow on his face and that shine in his eyes were enough to convey that he was more than happy to be nandini's manik.

Meanwhile, in the room nandini was getting all bored and was wondering what was taking so much time for manik to come when the photos stuck on the wall caught her eye. Those were photos from her and Manik's childhood when they were too little to understand what life was and how carefree they were back then and how everything has changed now, the one who was her best friend when she was a baby was now certainly the love of her life.

That's life, full of surprises.

Nandini was busy admiring those pictures when she heard the click of the door knob and soon manik entered in with two mugs in his hand.

Manik: so what were you doing?

Nandini: nothing....was just seeing this pictures and reminiscing some really memorable parts of our childhood

Manik: aah! So in that case lets do it together along with your favourite hot chocolate...what say?

Nandini*beamed*: hot chocolate!

Manik nodded smilingly and passed her the mug and settled down next to her, mollycuddling her in his embrace under the warm comforter.

Nandini: manik you remember that picture?

She said pointing at a picture where manik stood in between nyonika and asha(nandini's mom) and both the ladies kissing either sides of his cheek.

Manik: yes and god look at that...I was so chubby and look at Abhi

I was so chubby and look at Abhi