Will You Be My Date Tonight?

Nandini

We finally reached the auditorium. I could literally smell the air of excitement and curiosity in here. Everyone was busy blabbering stuff for the soon to come fresher's party. I wandered my eyes all around the place searching navya, Bhai and the rest of fab 5 when I saw them talking at a corner in the audi. I nudged manik next to me who was also searching for them and pointed at their direction while he signalled me to walk towards them. "Navyaaa!" I squealed beaming with excitement and pounced upon her. "Nanduuu!" She replied with the same enthusiasm and hugged me tightly." Navya tumne suna na its fresher's party....you know main kitni excited hu and and and maine suna hai ki space ki fresher's party is always the best." "Ha yeh to humne bhi suna hai and I'm glad that we will finally experience this. Wow!" She replied clapping her hands happily while I chuckled seeing her childish behaviour. We were so into our talking that we forgot we had spectators around, as soon as I heard cabir, Bhai and manik giggling seeing us while dhruv, alia and mukti held an amazed look. I and navya just smiled sheepishly glancing at them.

"Good morning students".....the announcement made everyone silent. "So as you all know space has organised a fresher's party for all its fresher's as always and I'm sure its going to be as amazing as it has been over all these years or maybe more." The principal said and the students hooted. "Ok guys calm down and listen to me first" requested the principal and we again fell into pin drop silence. "So ya as I was saying....the fresher's party. We have organised the party tomorrow evening at 8pm and the dress code is black, red and white. So buck up guys because we are also going to have a competition for Mr. and Ms. Fresher of space 2016!" Listening to this we started screaming our lungs out in joy again. "And my dear students not to forget...its a couple entry so start finding your partners and as there is a party tomorrow you'll will be having a day off in college." He ended his speech and all the girls especially navya was dancing and jumping like crazy and I knew why. She and her love for parties! I thought. I turned around to see manik gazing at me intently looking lost somewhere. I blushed at his gaze, I had no idea why. My stupid hormones were seriously making me behave like some teenage girl when her crush eyes her this way. Wait! What am I even thinking??? Crush! Like seriously! No way!! Nandini Murthy get that very clear, manik malhotra is your best friend. ONLY YOUR BEST FRIEND. So get a grip on yourself and behave normally.

" manik? Earth to manik" I clicked my fingers in front of his face to snap him out of his lala land. "Huh? Kya hua?" " vahi to main tumse puch rahi hu. Kya hua? Tum mujhe aise kyu dekh rahe the???" I asked. At first he was a bit taken aback thanks to my non stop interrogation but soon composed himself to answer me. " vo...vo...k...kuch bhi to nahi" he stuttered. I raised my brows suspiciously. "Aah vo kuch nahi....I was thinking ki vo...vo party me couple entry hai na soo......" He trailed off. "So?" I repeated." So you know if we could um....go together?" He asked like a complete nervous wreck and I bit my lip to stop the giggle from escaping. "Mr. Fake boyfriend..." I whispered in a rather husky tone getting close to his ear, " I would love to come with you but for that you need to ask me out properly. "Um okay...so" saying this he bent on his one knee grabbing everyone's attention towards us while I widened my eyes and kept gawking at him. He continued " well....Ms. Nandini Murthy will you be my date for the fresher's party and give me an opportunity to get lucky tomorrow night?" Woah! It was so sweet and romantic. I just kept gaping at him whereas he looked straight into my eyes. The people around hooted loudly. "Yes!" I replied still maintaining the eye lock when someone gripped my arm tightly and turned me around roughly ruining our moment. I hissed in pain. SATAK!  That someone slapped me on my left cheek with all the power leaving me shocked whereas other's jaws literally hit the ground. I stood there numb holding my now slapped cheek looking at the person with utter disgust.