Anything For Your Smile

Nandini was on cloud nine after seeing her surroundings so beautifully decorated. She entered the living room calling out for manik hoping to find him soon. In the process she collides with a board which instantly brings a sweet smile on her face and only one word leaves from her mouth "Manik!"

 In the process she collides with a board which instantly brings a sweet smile on her face and only one word leaves from her mouth "Manik!"

She moves towards it when manik peeps from behind it and surprises her by  showering  rose petals upon her much to her astonishment.

Manik: Ms. Nandini Murthy, you have always been a perfect best friend to me who has been with me in the every thick and thin of my life. My every misery, my every tear,my every sadness always got replaced with happiness only and only because of you. Nandu I know that I suck at words but one thing I can say for sure....whenever I'm with u, I'm in peace....you are my solace nandini. With u I can be myself. Though for the world I'm that rude,evil and arrogant MONSTER MANIK as you call me but I don't know why in front of you I never hesitate to be my own self. In front of you I can be only manik....the sweet manik malhotra who was always hidden from this world. Nandu....you are my brightest star!....I know today's day wasn't too good for you but trust me the other days will be the best days of ur life....I'll make every moment of your life happy,special and memorable because I can do ANYTHING FOR YOUR SMILE as you always do for me. At least that's what best friends do right??

He ended his speech with a sly smirk on his face with his ever so charming smile. Nandini's smile had no control now. She straightway rushed towards manik and took him in a bone crushing hug showing him how happy she was.

Nandini: Mr. Manik Malhotra....you know what?....my day could not get any better. You are really special to me manik. I feel blessed to have a friend like you whose mere presence brings a smile across my face, whose slightest happiness makes my day and whose sadness eats me up. Mani...you are the bestest friend that anyone can have and I'm glad to be your best friend. Humesha!

Manik: yesss.....forever!

They both smile looking at each other but this eyelock was short lived when our manik baba starts panicking.

Manik: ohh shit! I forgot.

Nandini *woriedly*: what....what happened manik?!?!?!?

Manik: nandu.....you always wanted a room in my house right?

Nandini:  uh....yes but why are you asking it now?
She replied cringing her eyebrows in confusion.

Manik: because....

Nandini: because.....

Manik: I got one designed for you specially!

Nandini: what?.....seriously!?!?....manik you are the best!!!
She said beaming with excitement.

Manik: so....let's go?

Nandini: yes!

They headed towards nandini's room. Nandini opened the door and the sight in front of her left her completely mesmerized and flabbergasted.

Firefly chandeliers

Nandini's room

Nandini: manik yeh

Nandini: manik yeh....?

Manik: your wishes are my commands princess! You wanted such a room since childhood right...so here you go.

They entered a room with complete wooden and pink interiors with firefly chandeliers covering almost the entire ceiling with a perfect balcony view. Nandini was totally in love with it. It was exactly how she wanted it to be. Nandini was so much happy that in her excitement she kissed manik on his cheek leaving him shocked. She had kissed manik many times before as a friend and so had manik but this kiss was different...it had managed to give birth to an altogether different feeling in manik to which nandini was completely oblivious. Manik had done so much for nandini to only make her forget the worst happenings of the day and make her happy....bring a smile on her face but the moment she kissed him...he felt some sparks....something special like never before.
He was brought back to this world by his star who was constantly shaking him trying to bring him back.

Nandini: manik! MANIK!! earth to manik?!?....MANIK!?!?

Manik: huh!?

Nandini: where were you lost??

Manik: no....no where....I was just thinking that what about watching your favourite movie along with your favourite pizzas??

Nandini *excited* : its a yes of course!....chalo let's go

Manik: cool down baby girl....come on.

They spent the entire night watching the movie and mostly chatting to catch up all the happenings in their lives in each other's absence. That night was the best night for those two best buddies who spent it entirely enjoying it and doing loads of crazy stuff together that they had missed in this span of two years. It was their bff time after all!