Kicks Under The Table

The next day arrived, spreading a positive vibe all around. Two souls who till yesterday were utterly confused about their feelings were now ready to confess and the peaceful smile on their faces said it all.

Manik's room

Manik had woken up long back today unlike the lazyass that he is all the other days and was busy doing something in his laptop.

Manik: yeh bhi done! Nandini Murthy ek din aur and then its gonna be our day

He said to himself, smiling to his fullest.

Nandini's room

The sun peeped in her room through the window making nandini squirm in sleep and finally waking her up with a content smile on her face. She opened her eyes and the first thing that came to her mind was the moment that she shared with manik yesterday.

Nandini: Kal raat indirectly hi sahi maine manik ke samne apni feelings express ki and now I feel so good but how will I face manik now? Chill nandini jo hoga dekha jaega....just go with the flow now. Aiyyappa sambhal lena

She prayed looking upwards and left her room after freshening up.

Both manik and nandini came out of their rooms on the same time and faced each other, their rooms being besides each other.

Nandini: manik! Tum...tum yaha kya kar rahe ho?

Manik: what do you mean by kya kar rahe ho? Madam if you have forgotten yeh mera ghar hai so where do you expect me to be ha?

He asked narrowing his eyes at her whereas nandini was busy cursing herself for blurting out such a lame question.

Nandini: ya right. Voh maine toh bas aise hi puch liya tha

She stammered, trying hard to hide her embarrassment. Manik smiled at her failed attempt but quickly hid it behind his straight face.

Manik: ok if you say so

That's when they heard nyonika calling them downstairs for breakfast. Nandini sighed in relief and thanked her stars to save her from further embarrassment and rushed downstairs in a blink of an eye making manik chuckle at her behaviour.

Manik: such a cutie she is!

He muttered to himself with a smile and followed her downstairs.

Dining room

Nyonika was busy serving Raj his breakfast while Raj was reading his newspaper, both facing their backs to nandini when nandini walked stealthily towards them and covered their eyes with her tiny palm.

Nandini: guess who?

"Princess!" both Raj and nyonika said together and hugged her.

Nyonika: Tum kab aayi? Agar bataya hota toh tumhare liye tumhara kuch favorite bana deti na main

Raj: aur nahi toh kya princess. Anyways baitho na join us for breakfast

Nandini: are bata deti toh surprise kaise rehta? I wanted to surprise you isliye nahi bataya and by the way main kal raat manik ke saath hi aa gayi thi

Nyonika: oh vaise manik hai kaha?

Manik: yaha! Apko apni princess kya mil gayi aap toh bhul hi gaye mujhe. Voh toh meri pyaari mom ko apne eklaute bete ki yaad aayi varna dad toh...

He trailed off dramatically.

Raj: Oye dad ke bache...tujhe toh main baad me dekh lunga abhi chupchap baith aur breakfast kar