Valentines Day With My Best Friend

Nandini's heart started thumping unknowingly. She was flushed after reading the card and Manik's proposal. Her heart said yes while her brain was stopping her from accepting the proposal saying that manik is just her best friend and she should not go on dates with him. She was basically confused but then her heart won.

Nandini*self talk*: manik ne mere liye itna kuch kiya toh even i can leave behind all my confusions and just go with the flow. Agar main aaj waha nahi gayi toh use kitna bura lagega na and I can't upset him...vaise bhi its just a dinner date with my best friend na so then why am I thinking so much? Nandu stop thinking and get ready....your monster is waiting for you!

She then went towards the gift box which manik had asked to open after the last clue that was now kept neatly wrapped on the bed. She started opening it excitedly, curious to see what was inside. She unwrapped it to find a beautiful red dress that ended just above her knees with its back cut in a heart shape.

 She unwrapped it to find a beautiful red dress that ended just above her knees with its back cut in a heart shape

She was just lost in the beauty of that dress when she found yet another note popping out of the box.

Nandini: manik malhotra you are too good!

She started reading the note.

So nandu....I hope you liked my choice and as red is the colour of valentines and also my favourite colour so wanted to see you in it. Don't forget to wear your pendent, earnings and ofcourse the tiara. I am waiting for you!

PS: you have got only 20 minutes in hand

Your BFF
Manik

Nandini was dumbfound after knowing that manik had personally shopped this dress for her as she was well aware of Manik's shopping phobia. He hated shopping with a passion but this new found information was making the sleeping butterflies awake again in her stomach.  Her heart fluttered at how hard manik was trying to make this day special for her. She with a shy smile zoomed inside the washroom to get changed, not to keep manik waiting for long.

After like fifteen minutes she stepped out looking no less than a fairy in red. She quickly did her makeup, light yet elegant and applied her gloss. She curled her hair from the bottom and then combed them straight to make it look natural, wore her earnings and star pendent gifted by manik and gave herself a final touch up wearing the beautiful flower tiara. Today she had a different glow on her face, a different excitement. She gave herself a final look in the mirror and smiled in satisfaction when her phone pinged with a message from manik.

Done admiring yourself? Now hurry up...we are getting late already. Your chauffeur is waiting for you just outside the gate.

Manik

Nandini: yeh manik bhi na (giggles) but wait...what? Chauffeur? Matlab I still won't be able to meet manik?
Her face instantly fell at the thought but nevertheless she stepped out of the house carrying her clutch and phone. She reached outside to find the same black car waiting there. She sat inside without any questions when she found a bundle of different coloured roses with chits tied to them. She enthusiastically started opening the chits, picking one rose at a time.

First she picked the white rose that said-

White, the colour of peace and purity. I wanted to give a white rose to you so as to tell you that I always want our relationship to be pure and peaceful....humesha!

Then comes the pink rose-

You know what does the pink rose mean?
It means grace, elegance and sweetness and ek secret batau?....I admire all these in you cuz for me these characteristics actually define you. So don't change and be the same....humesha!

She picked the next rose all smiles.

The yellow rose-

YELLOW! the colour of friendship. I don't have much to say about this but all I want to say is that come what may, our friendship will always remain the same....humesha!

Nandini*smiling*: humesha!

Finally, the red rose-

Cuz now you have accepted my yellow rose so here I give you this red rose which is obviously for valentines and I hope you accept this too! So a very happy rose day and ofcourse a happy valentines day my shining star! Keep shining....humesha!

Nandini: aww....thankyou so much manik!!

With this she finally reached her destination where her monster manik was desperately waiting for her.

Manik

So now its time finally. I could see the car arriving, my eyes were craving badly to see nandini as it has been almost 12 hours since I last saw her glowing face and now I really can't wait more. This girl really tests my patience.

Today morning as soon as we arrived college, I had to leave her so that I could prepare for tonight. She looked so cute when she was all confused and I felt like gobbling her up.

How can someone be so cute and adorable all the time?

Mahn! Preparing this surprise was a real task. Even i don't know, why am I taking so much of efforts to make her feel special when I am not even her boyfriend but still.....it...it gives me a different peace in doing things for her or may I say specially for her.

This girl will make me go crazy one day!

Chalo manik baba now back to work. She would be here any moment.

End of POV

Nandini reached the place but was unable to see anything as it was all dark out there. She then started calling for manik.

Nandini: manik....manik? Tum kidhar ho? Look....if this is some nasty prank of yours na then let me tell you that I am not scared of you ha so ab jaldi bahar aao varna...varna I'll go back...ha! I'll go

Saying this she turned to leave when a spot light fell upon her and she turned around only to gasp in surprise.

Wondering what she saw? Wanna know?....ok then for that I need lots of votes and comments cuz my dear fellas, the last chapter had 97 reads but not even half the votes? Do I write that bad? Seems like you all are not liking this maybe...
Guys please vote and comment....its a heartfelt request from my side. Please pretty please! Silent readers wake up! I really need all your support.
Anyways enjoy reading!