The Three Musketeers

Flashback continues

Manik was the closest to his dadi in his family and after her death he was numb, he did not know what to do, he felt lonely as if there was no one there for him anymore not even his parebtz as they were out for business most of the time, leaving him alone with his dadi who was no more with hon now and that's when nandini promised him to be his shining star giving manik a new hope, he had finally accepted her friendship. As days passed their friendship had grown stronger than ever, they were inseparable. Nandini being an year younger than him was always the pampered one, loved by everyone while manik was always the matured one in case of nandini. He was really possessive about her, one scratch on nandini and he could set the world on fire.

Things were going smooth and so was manik and nandini's friendship when abhimanyu returned home from his mini vacation at mangalore. Abhi and nandini had a great bonding and were really close. Nandini would always stick around him and would call him her favourite Bhai and for Abhi, nandini was like his baby whom he loved to the moon and the back just like a father loved his child.

It was late noon when manik and nandini were busy playing in the murthy mansion when a little boy, somewhat the same age as manik but not as tall stealthily entered in and palmed nandini's eyes from behind. Manik saw this and frowned in confusion.

"Who is he?" he thought

Feeling the known touch, nandini squealed.

Nandini: bhaiiii!!!

Abhi: seems like my baby doll missed me a lot

Nandini: yesh!! I mished you so much Bhai...itna saara

She said spreading her arms to show him how much she missed him.

Abhimanyu smiled at his baby sister and pecked her forehead affectionately which set a scowl on Manik's face.

Abhi and nandini were so into themselves that they did not notice little manik over there getting all red in anger being the angry impulsive kid he was.

Manik: star

He called out for nandini trying to sound as gentle as possible because he knew how afraid nandini was of loud noises and he definitely could not afford her crying because of him.

Nandini: manik inshe milo...my Bhai! Abhi-abhimanyu!

Abhimanyu*smile*: hey manik

Manik: hi

He replied with a tight smile on his lips.

Nandini: Bhai aap kab aaye?

Abhi: main bas abhi aaya princess

Nandini: pata hai manik Bhai na is my best flend (friend) and hum na sathme bohot saari masti karte hai

Nandini addressing Abhi as her best friend somewhere irked manik, it made him feel like he was no more nandini's priority now. His little mind was stressing too much.

Days passed and manik grew more insecure seeing nandini giving most of her attention to Abhi. Manik had become possessive towards nandini and seeing her going away from him made him angry and frustrated.

It was one fine day when manik, nandini and Abhi were in malhotra mansion. Nandini was busy playing while manik was making various efforts to gain her attention which nandini was happily giving him when suddenly they heard Abhi.

Abhi: nandu lets go...hume abhi ghar jana hai

Nandini*pouting sadly*: itti jaldi?