An Inch Closer.....

Nandini

I'm soooooo happy for navya. It feels so good to have the one you love, to know that he feels the same as you feel for him. This is such a magical feeling and I wish even I could experience it.

We were sitting in the canteen, busy teasing Cabir and making navya blush when that chipkali entered batting her eyelashes trying to gain manik's attention. Guess who am I talking about? Of course, the one and only soha khurana.

Aiyyappa!

"Manik baby I heard you are having a party tonight so if you need any help then I'm always available" soha said tracing her finger on manik's face trying to seduce him. She can act really disgusting and annoying at times. Manik quickly jerked her finger away and scooted close to me as I was sitting right beside him. I giggled at his behaviour. He took me in a side hug. "Sweetheart can you please do me a favour?" He asked me and I could do nothing but nod my head still surprised after all it was the first time in this acting thing of ours that manik had called me sweetheart so lovingly and was acting like a real boyfriend in front of our friends who were already aware that we were acting but then I realized that even soha was here so I composed myself and played along. Manik continued. "Guys (looking at others) can I steal my lovely girlfriend for some time?" He asked with a puppy face making me go all aww and winked at the end so that they play along. They nodded and he dragged me along with him behind the music wing which had now become 'Our Spot'. "Manik why are we here?" I asked as soon as we got there. "For this" he replied huskily pulling me towards him making me bang in his chest and his hot breath fanning my face. My eyes widened for a moment and my breath hitched. Forget the butterflies, I could feel the entire zoo dancing in my stomach. What is this feeling? He caressed my cheeks and put a hair strand behind my ear which was obstructing the view of my face. I just blushed looking down. His touch was sending jitters down my spine, his every touch was creating havoc inside me. Yes that's the effect he has on me. I suddenly felt his warm lips pressing on my already red cheek which instantly made me look at him at once. "Manik" I took his name in a whisper, softly still amused by his actions. He cleared his throat and started speaking "star...we'll have to act a little more cosy and you know lovy dovy because that soha still sticks to me. You know what I mean right?'' He asked skeptically. "Manik say it clearly na" "OK so.....the thing is that soha still sticks to me and tries to attract me towards her so to avoid that we will have to act a little more cosy so that you know....uh...." He trailed off. I smiled at him, he looked so cute when he is nervous. I had that sudden urge to pull his cheeks. He asked me 'what' through eyes and I immediately exclaimed "Manik you are sooooo sooo cute......my cutiepie!" I said pinching his cheek and he gave me an annoyed look but it soon changed in a smirk and he said "oh MY cutie pie huh.....aren't you taking this fake relationship thing too seriously Ms. Murthy?" He asked maintaining that sly smirk. "Oh no Mr. Malhotra.....its just that I have already started acting upon what you said you know...." I replied smartly in the same tone. "Oohh I like it" "you definitely do" and the next we know, we were laughing our ass off. God we can be really unpredictable at times! We are so crazy 😂😂It was then we realized our close proximity and distanced ourselves awkwardly. An uncomfortable silence prevailed between us. "Uhm.....nandu...I- I guess we should move for our next class....ya?" He asked awkwardly while I was busy blushing and staring at the floor still thinking about our recent encounter. Oh manik! Why do you affect me so much? What the hell are you thinking nandini!? He's your best friend for god sake. But that doesn't matter. Its not like I can't love my best friend right? But why am I thinking so at the first place? I groaned. I was really pissed at myself. I mean which person fails to understand his own self??? Wanna know? Then here I am, a perfect living example. Chuck it! I shooed away my thoughts and replied to manik "uh ya sure". I know he was feeling equally uncomfortable as I was. I just hope that things go normal between us. I really don't want any awkwardness or complications between us. We soon headed to our next class. The day ahead went well and we faced no teasing from our friends. We had good luck it seemed.