Nostalgia

Manik

After sorting everything out with alia, the girls headed to nandini's house to get themselves dressed while we boys carried our changes and moved to our destination.

"Guys you uh carry on...I will um see you later" maddy said uncomfortably as we were moving out. "Why?" aryaman frowned. "Um what will I do there? I mean I hardly know the others and I am not even a part of the group so yeah" he trailed off hesitantly.  "Are so what? You are heartily welcomed dude. Come on tum nandu ke friend ho matlab humare bhi friend hi hue....hai na buddy?" dhruv asked. "Uh ha ya dhruv is right maddy you should join us varna star I mean nandini ko bura lagega"

I swear nandini ke aiyyappa agar yeh nandu ka friend na hota toh use nandini ke aas paas bhatakne bhi nahi deta I complained to her aiyyappa but may be even he is enjoying at my cost.

"Ha maddy atleast teri munchkin ke liye toh aa ja" aryaman said. "Ok fine but sirf meri munchkin ke liye ha" he stated. "Good varna baby doll tujhe chodti nahi" Abhi said patting his back while maddy chuckled at his statement.

We all moved to the destination with all the things we needed like the food, music, speakers and ofcourse our changes. Maddy was going to wear aryaman's clothes as he was the last addition to our plan. We soon reached there and started working and after two hours of hardwork it was all ready and trust me it looked much more beautiful than I had imagined.

"Manik yaar ab toh bata de kya surprise plan kiya hai tune?" Abhi asked anxiously. "Abhi mere Bhai relax...bohot jald pata chal jaega" "par manik tu humse kyu chupa raha hai? Its nandini's birthday, not ours" Cabir replied on Abhi's behalf. "Are have some patience guys" "that's what we don't have" aryaman whispered but everyone heard him. "Arya thodi der me pata chal jaega na tujhe toh itna kyu soch raha hai. Chal we need to change now ya?" maddy said putting a hand on his shoulder. "Ya right. Lets make a move guys" dhruv said taking his changes and walking towards the changing rooms and soon we all dispersed.

We were completely ready now. I had made sure that everything is perfect before nandini enters and now my eyes weren't ready to leave the entrance, its been so long since I last saw nandini and now it was getting harder to wait more. My heart started thudding loudly and I could feel her somewhere around me.

She is here.

The same time Cabir received navya's message saying they reached and we all took our positions. Nandini entered and the spotlight fell on her. Her sight made my heart skip a beat. She looked like an angel. How much ever hard I tried I could not look anywhere else than at her, my surroundings were all blur and all that my eyes could see was nandini standing at the entrance clad in a beautiful dress, looking like a fairy, admiring the place. She snapped back to real world when she heard Abhi speaking. This way each one of us started telling her what she meant to us and simultaneously wishing her a happy birthday.

Maddy's turn was going on now and I was the last one to speak. I was just waiting for maddy to finish so I could tell her what she really meant to me. I was keenly listening to whatever maddy was speaking when suddenly he sat on one of his knees handing out a yellow rose to nandini making her gasp in surprise with the others who were equally stunned.

What is this guy gonna do now? Is he propo....no no no manik he won't do anything like that. Stop overthinking man! But what if he does? No manik calm down....breathe in breathe out
I said to myself and tried regaining my composure.

Control your anger manik I kept on repeating to myself.

"Nandini" maddy began and now all my concentration was on what the guy was upto. "Maddy yeh tum..." nandini said gesturing at his position and that fear and hesitance of what was coming next was clear on her pretty face. "Hey hey chill I am not proposing you duffer....don't get any ideas cuz I can't take that big risk of making you my girlfriend na" he said making a tongue in cheek remark and I breathed in relief.