Because I Trust You

Manik

I handed her the lime water that I made for her which she readily accepted. She drank half of it and started making faces and the other half which was left in the glass was- SPLASH! on my face now. I stood there wide eyed, my jaw touching the ground. I was rooted at my place, registering another shock of my life tonight. This night is surely long and veryyyy eventful. What. Just. Happened!?

I blinked my eyes once....twice...thrice to take in her actions. I was staring at her as if I had seen some ghost or she was some alien in disguise. I was so into myself that I did not even care to notice nandini doubling over with laughter until my name came out from those pink pouty lips of hers. In no time I was completely lost in her, she looked so carefree. Manik! You are going off track again! I reminded myself and scowled due to the sticky limewater which was now spilled all over my face, all the credit goes to my dear best friend aka my 'fake' girlfriend who was busy laughing right now, Ms. Nandini Murthy. Seeing my scowling and much agitated face, nandini's laughter ceased and she looked at me with a straight face. "This!..." I said pointing at my face which was now covered with that freaking lime water still frowning and scowling and Ms. Murthy again started laughing. I groaned getting all the more frustrated. Things were actually taking a toll over me tonight but I had to deal with it in the best possible way because I'm THE MANIK MALHOTRA. Nothing is impossible for me! "Nandini why did you do this!?" I said angrily and all traces of mischief from her face vanished in thin air. "Vo....vo...ma....manik tum....tum na bohot....bohot...fun...funny dikh rahe the...so main..." She was stammering badly and I knew she was afraid of my anger. I mentally patted myself for doing this to her after whatever she had put me through tonight. "Funny huh?" I said maintaining the cold tone and she nodded her head cutely yet nervously. I was purely enjoying every bit of her state. "Manik.....sorry sorry pleaseee...mujhe maaf kardo....pleaseee" she was literally panicking. Woah! It was the first time that nandini was apologising after getting so drunk. I just smirked at her panic state. "Acha?" I asked with a straight face. "So you are sorry?" "Yes! Vo actually tumne vo jo drink banaya tha na that was very bitter and so tasteless..." She said sticking her tongue out, making a weird face which made me chuckle. Oh so that was the reason why our dear miss murthy washed my face with the lemonade and here I was thinking what wrong did I do now. God! This girl has the power to scare me....manik malhotra who is the biggest bully in space. People fear listening my name and my one angry look is enough to make them gulp and shudder with fear. Who could think that this tiny girl in front of me actually has the power to scare me!? I laughed at my own thoughts and focus on the petite frame right in front of me shaking in panic. "Sorry manik....I know ki mujhe aise behave nahi karna chahiye tha but....I'm sorry. Please forgive me! I'll do anything to make it up for you" she said hoping I will agree and forgive her but I'm a tough nut to crack baby. "Manik I'm not joking....I'll really do anything to make it up for you" she said again holding my arm and shaking it time and again to make me believe her. My back was facing her so she could not see me smirking and I took its advantage. "Anything?" I asked acting all innocent. "Yes. Anything" she replied looking straight in my eyes. "Then you have to..." I said huskily and she stared back still not breaking the eye contact. "I'll have to...." She repeated in the same husky tone. I smiled naughtily at her and rubbed my palms together "you'll have to obey me, do whatever I say without any questions or complains.....will you?" I asked though I know she would after we can't stay away from each other for a long time and her saying a no was an exception keeping in mind her groggy and drunk state. She huffed and wailed but finally gave in. I let out a knowing smirk. "Good!" I gave her an impressed smile "so now Ms. Murthy....." I paused giving the entire thing a dramatic effect and she gave me looks. I so love annoying her 😄😉 "I want you to get yourself changed in your night suit and go off to sleep ASAP!" She widened her eyes momentarily taking in my orders and then rushed into her room that she had at my place right to her wardrobe to find her clothes.

It had been five minutes since nandini was in the washroom. God this girl can never let me stop being worried about her. I sighed heavily and walked myself to the washroom only to find the door unlocked. I went in and found nandini sleeping like a baby, sitting at the edge of the bath tub. She had changed info a very cute minion night suit looking all the more adorable now. I so wanted to pull her cheeks but somehow resisted myself and spooned her in my arms, taking her in the room. She smiled feeling my touch, a smile made its way to my face seeing her react to my touch. It was a strange but happy emotion and I don't mind at all. I covered her petite frame with the duvet and left the room after glancing at her for one last time. Her face looked angelic under the calm moonlight. Of course she is your shining star so she had to glow danced my heart dreamily. I smiled and left her room shutting the door behind me. I went to my room and crashed on my bed. I was very tired! I recalled the happenings of the day and just couldn't stop smiling.

"I can't believe this!" "She's so crazy!" I said to myself remembering how nandini acted when she was drunk but will she remember any if it tomorrow? We'll

"I can't believe this!" "She's so crazy!" I said to myself remembering how nandini acted when she was drunk but will she remember any if it tomorrow? We'll.....let's see. But whatever it is.......it'll be fun teasing nandini murthy!!😁 I smirked at my thoughts and soon sleep took over me.