Expect The Unexpected

Cabir

I like navya. No no its not just like it is LOVE. I LOVE NAVYA!! Oh my god Cabir dhawan you are in love. I just can't believe this. But wait! How will I tell her????? I was lost so deep in my thoughts that I did not notice manik staring at me with his amused eyes. He faked a cough to bring me out of my lala land. I asked him 'what?' Through eyes and he shook his head in disbelief. I glared at him and then again got lost in my thoughts when manik suddenly shouted "Navya! Hi" and I started looking here and there "where is she? Kaha dekha tune usko? Abe bol na saale!" He laughed hard seeing me getting so restless for a girl. Navya to be precise. I realized that he was teasing me."Saale tujhe toh main chodunga nahi" and there it goes.....our tom and jerry fight began. Manik aage aage aur main uske peeche peeche. Hehe just imagine......lambu manik baba as jerry😂😂 Cabir you are zoning out bro. Focus. Yeah just focus. Manik is your target and you can't let him go so easily. So focus! I tried keeping myself alert when manik stopped running and said "bas bas stop.... I need to tell you something." "What?" I too stopped running. We both were panting by now. "I have a perfect idea by which you can confess your feelings to navya" "what? really?" "Yes!" "Manik I love you" "oye joker I'm not navya so stay away" manik said irritated and I laughed. "Acha ab plan bata" I said getting curious. "So the plan is...." "Is....?" "Ya so listen..." "Are manik jaldi bol na" yaar kitna suspense rakhta hai ye huh! 😒 "Cabir mujhe bolne toh de" manik said pissed. I bit my tongue in realization and said "ha toh bolna maine kab roka tujhe''. Manik just rolled his eyes muttering 'nautanki' under his breath and started discussing about his idea with me.

End of POV

After he was done, he found Cabir gaping at him as if he was some alien. Manik asked 'what' through his eyes making a face but that did not budge Cabir and he suddenly jumped upon manik saying "manik mere yaar......I love you so much. Tu na hota toh mera kya hota!? This idea is just perfect bro" "bas Cabir. Ab kiss toh nhi karega na? If you have forgotten then let me remind you that I'm very much straight dude and have a really loving girlfriend so please" manik said. "Ahaan...fake girlfriend manik baba. Nandini is your FAKE girlfriend" Cabir corrected stressing more on the 'fake' word. "Yeah yeah whatever" Manik replied uninterested. "Vaise manik do you have feelings for nandini?" "What!? No Cabir. She's my best friend. Feelings! For her? Its not possible yaar. She's my best friend after all" manik replied. "But manik there is no such rule that says that you can't feel for your best friend. Come on dude. Just think about it ya?'' Cabir said trying to put some brains in his nutcase friend. "Fine! Now leave all this and concentrate on your proposal" manik gave in as he knew that arguing with Cabir wasn't a good idea. "Oh ya sure....chal. I want everything to be perfect. I don't want to mess up" Cabir whined. "Chill Cabir and trust me.....its gonna be just perfect" "hope so. Fingers crossed"a tensed Cabir replied.

"Nandu hum bol payenge na?" A tensed navya asked biting her nails. "Ha navya. Fikar not" "pakka na?" "Are ha baba tum itna tension mat lo and stop biting your nails" nandini replied pissed by navya's continuous questions. "Fine" navya huffed and sat down taking a pillow on her lap and kept doodling on it. They were at nandini's place after college where nandini was planning a date for navya and Cabir so that navya could confess her feelings while navya was sitting there idle biting her nails all restless and confused, irritating nandini to her guts.

The day passes by with nandini and manik busy with their surprises to help Cabir and navya and Cabir and navya doing each and everything possible to irritate them due to their growing anxiety.