A Memorable New Year

Both manik and nandini were lost in the moment, oblivious of their own actions. Their lips were just inches away from each other and they could actually hear the thumping of their hearts. Manik broke the intense eyelock for a moment and eyed her luscious pouty lips which were giving him a sudden urge to kiss her. Nandini too followed his actions and stared at his perfect lips. They started leaning in, their lips almost touching each other which made a cold shiver run down their spine. Manik slowly cupped her face and nandini just wanted to melt in his touch. He angled his face and leaned even more. Now their lips were touching. Nandini closed her eyes in anticipation, her lips parted a bit. Even Manik closed his eyes and was about to capture her lips for a soulful kiss when the buzz of his phone broke their trance. They quickly straightened themselves and looked away embarrassed. Nandini was blushing hard, her cheeks were red like a tomato and manik too was blushing and embarrassed at the same time.

Manik*receiving the call*: uh hello......ya ok....we will be there.....thankyou

He cut the call and turned towards nandini, scratching the back of his neck sheepishly.

Manik: vo...uh....khurana ke manager ka call tha...kal shaam ko meeting hai so we will have to go

Nandini*playing with her fingers*: oh okay!

Manik: yeah

Nandini: main dusre bowl me thode noodles nikal deti hu....you can have this one

Manik*awkwardly*: ok

Soon nandini was back with her bowl of noodles while manik was busy eating his. The entire dinner was silent, neither they had the courage to look at each other nor were they making an attempt to talk. Dinner was done now and they were sitting awkwardly on the couch, thinking about their recent encounter.

 Dinner was done now and they were sitting awkwardly on the couch, thinking about their recent encounter

Nandini

Aiyyappa manik kya soch raha hoga mere bare me? Nandu tu apne apko control nahi kar sakti kya!? I just surrendered myself to him there. Maine use roka kyu nahi? Why did I want that kiss to happen?

Manik

Shit shit shit! Manik malhotra get a grip on yourself. How could you both control your desires!? What must she be thinking about me now? Damn! But wait....she did not stop me. Does that mean she....

His thoughts were interrupted by the ding of the clock. It was half past eleven, half an hour to go for the beginning of a new year. Manik thought of teasing nandini as he was curious to know what she thought about their recent encounter. So with a mischievous smirk on his face he started moving closer to her on the couch whereas nandini shifted away. This shifting game continued for a while when nandini could not move any further as she was on the edge now, taking its advantage manik held her arm and started caressing it, his hot breath fanning on her neck. Her heart started beating wildly. Manik grinned seeing his effect on her.