Coming Out Clean

One week before diwali

Murthy house

Nandini: Bhai what is this? Aap ab tak so rahe ho? Not fair na! Itna late tak sona is not good. Amma bhi kehti thi na ki itna late tak nahi sona chahiye, we should always be early risers toh come on its time to rise and shine Bhai. Acha nahi uthna hai na apko toh fir theek hai main mukti ko mana kar deti hu yaha aane se fir dekhna you will land up in big trouble. I am warning you Bhai so now chalo wake up na

Confused? Let me explain.
It has been almost 2 months since abhimanyu's accident and yes, he is in coma, fighting to live while all his friends and mukti and nandini have tried every possible way to get him back but all in vain.

All this time when nandini was busy waking up Abhi, manik who had just arrived was standing at the door helplessly seeing nandini pretending to be strong...again.

Manik's POV

I feel so helpless right now. Its been two whole months...two whole months since that horrid accident happened and since Abhi is lying here, fighting for his life. That day is still fresh in my memories when this terrifying incident occurred.

2 months ago... The day of accident

As soon as nandini ended her call with Abhi, she started panicking and sweating like mad. As I stood the closest to her, I rushed to take her in my embrace all worried and asked her why was she so terrified but her reply was enough to snatch the floor beneath all of us.

Abhi had met with an accident.

These words were enough to put me in shock for a moment but now was not the time, we had to save Abhi right now so I composed myself somehow and started rushing out with everyone following me right back except for those two, nandini and mukti. They both were the closest to Abhi and with the most delicate heart. I knew they were equally afraid of losing him but I could do nothing. I shook them out of their shocked states and soon we all were in our cars, driving on the way where Abhi must have been there.

It was fifteen minutes later we found Abhi's car parked aside on the road with one side of the car that faced the road completely disheveled and destroyed and fear took into us just by the sight of it. I opened the door of the driver's seat to find Abhi lying there unconscious, his head bleeding heavily as the thick red liquid poured out of his head. Mukti broke down instantly seeing him in that state whereas nandini had a blank face, no reaction at all and that's what got me worried. We rushed to the nearby hospital ASAP and admitted Abhi. Mukti was crying uncontrollably while nandini stood there like a statue. I did not know where to go, one side there was my sister and the other side my star. I saw maddy hugging nandini and trying to console her and maybe for the first time I did not feel angry seeing him close to nandini but I was still a bit insecure anyways. I quickly went up to mukti and kneeled down in front of her.

"Mukti it will be all fine...ya?...trust me" I said cupping her face. She looked up at me for a moment and crashed on my chest crying as I patted her back comfortingly. I was equally lost at that time. My buddy, my elder brother was lying there inside the ICU and I could do nothing than sit and wait for the doctors to treat him but I had to stay strong cuz if I got weak, mukti and nandini will be all shattered and I had to be their strength.

I cannot break.

I wiped my tears harshly with the back of my palm and slowly broke the hug, wiping away tears from mukti's tear strained face and turned to nandini who still stood like a statue, staring blankly nowhere with maddy who was trying to make her talk but in vain. I was about to reach nandini when maddy asked me a minute out to talk, I frowned but nevertheless followed him.

Manik*scowls*: why have you brought me here?

Maddy: look manik I know this isn't the right time to talk things out but I guess I need to clear this to you

Manik*confused*: what...what are you talking about?

Maddy: manik I know that you are still insecure for munchkin. Tum jab bhi mujhe uske paas dekhte ho, you don't feel good and I know its because you like her or maybe love her way too much and that's why you don't want to lose her but trust me bro mere liye mun- ah I mean nan-nandini is just a friend and nothing more so please never misunderstand her because of me

He addressed her as nandini and not munchkin means he is actually serious about the whole thing but then why is he telling me all this now?

Manik: but tum abhi mujhe yeh sab kyu bata rahe ho?

Maddy: manik I can see it. Aaj jab main nandini ko console kar raha tha, anyone could tell it from your face that you weren't liking that even a bit and isliye mujhe yeh sab clear karna tha. Bro ek baat bolu if you don't mind?

I nodded.

Maddy: iss waqt mukti needs you more. I know ki she has fab 5 but still voh tumhe apna Bhai manti hai and ek Behen apna pain ek Bhai ke saath easily share kar sakti hai because they have that emotional bond kyuki friends ke samne she will try to be strong so all I want to say is be there for her...yeah?

Manik: I understand but fir nandini? She is on the verge of losing her only family aur god forbid agar Abhi ko kuch ho gaya toh she will break

Maddy*keeping his hand on Manik's shoulder*: dude nandini ko main sambhal lunga waise bhi I know how to console her, you know after staying with her for so long I atleast know this and ya don't worry agar I won't be able to handle her then main tumhe bula lunga...its my promise

I finally smiled genuinely. I was truly happy as well as satisfied knowing what maddy feels and seeing his concern for nandini and my friends. Overwhelmed, I took him in a brotherly hug, shocking him for a while but soon he reciprocated. I was glad that in such a situation he thought about how mukti would feel even though we all aren't that close to him. For the first time I could see a great friend in him and that made me happy.

Maddy: now lets go...we have too many people to look after

Manik: yeah

We reached outside the ICU where Abhi was getting operated and waited for the doctor to come out. We were all just praying to god to keep Abhi safe, to save him because without him we all were incomplete, our family was incomplete, the three musketeers were incomplete and we all wanted these to be complete with him by our side.

Soon the doctor came out and we all rushed towards him to ask about Abhi but what he said fell like a bomb in our ears.

Heyya ppl!! Hope you liked the update and ya I will try to give the next update soon. Hope you liked the manik-maddy convo. Cya till the next time.

Happy reading.

Do vote and comment!

Manik: thanks