I Will Shine For You!

Manik

Damn! This girl is driving me fucking crazy with her antiques and mood swings. One moment she's happy and the other moment she is sad like a freaking damsel in distress as if all the stress and sadness of this world is only for her. We made our way to my car when I realised that everyone inside there would be wondering where did we vanish suddenly so I quickly text fab 5 and Abhi that nandini wasn't feeling well so I was taking her to my place and did not inform them because we did not want to bother them.  I was just about to make her sit in my car when I saw her covering her mouth with both her hands. Oh no she's gonna puke any moment now. That's what she did, she puked on my shoe drenching it partially with the sticky substance that she was throwing out. My shoe! Nandu ke aiyyappa why me!? I asked looking up and turned to face nandini but damn! Can this girl ever stick to a place!? There she was trying to climb on top of my car with her heels in her hand. Drunk nandu is fun but handling her is like banging your head to death. I sighed and raked my fingers through my hair getting a bit anxious now. Aah I must have it somewhere here.....umm where is it? I started searching for it everywhere in my car and finally got it. Here it is! This will hopefully help her. "Here have this lemon slice....you'll feel better." I offered her a slice of lemon to make  her a bit stable. What? Its not surprising okay that I have lemon slices in my car....I mean I'm a party animal and its common for me to get small hangovers so these lime slices are my need. "Manik! Help me na.....I wanna sit there" she said pointing on top of my car while taking the lime from my hand. I nodded my head in disbelief and helped her lie down on top of my car and I settled beside her.

We were now lying on my car and the view was breathtaking. The clear dark blue sky with these twinkling stars is a blissful sight to watch. I have always loved stars. Its because they shine for us even in complete darkness. It fills light in our dark world and that's what I love about them. These stars reminded me of the time when nandini was drunk for the first time. We had went to a party where she by mistakenly had my drink and got drunk.

Flashback

Manik and nandini were at a friend's party where nandini accidentally had manik's drink and got drunk. She started laughing maniacally and it was then that manik realised what had happened. He bid a bye to everyone in the party and took nandini to his car with great difficulty. Nandini was not wishing to go home so manik made her sit on top of his car and he himself settled next to her. They were silently gazing at the stars when manik broke the silence.