She Without Him

Hey readers...wassup! OK ik that I'm very late with this update but what to do....was stuck with exams and studies but now I'm back. Hope you like the update. Give your views in the comment box.....I'll be waiting for them and do press the star button.

Nandini

Manik dropped me off at the airport after giving me one last hug. I was pretending to stay strong in front of him but as I turned to leave, silent tears started running down my face. I had asked manik to stay strong and hope. HOPE!....I was the one who asked him to hope that everything will be fine soon, that I and mukti will clear out all the misunderstandings and especially I would never let our friendship break.....I would never let manik and nandini break....I would never let my monster get lost in this unknown city without his star, I will always be with him but....but I doubt. Manik has been an integral part of my life since the very beginning and leaving him behind without even knowing if I'll be with him again or not disturbs me to no extent. Its as if I am leaving a part of myself behind without which I'm incomplete. I reached the boarding gate, wiped my tears and turned around one last time with a smile on my face to see manik still standing there where I had left him. He saw me and gave me his most genuine smile which I smilingly locked in my eyes and left. I soon boarded my flight and settled myself in the seat with my eyes closed to calm myself. I took a deep breath and gazed those beautiful clouds passing by thinking how everything changed. I had asked manik to not contact me as I needed my own space and time but will I be able to spend my days like that?....without talking to him.....without listening to his voice. I shooed those thoughts away for the time being and closed my eyes, letting myself get lost in my dreamland.

The pilot's announcement to fasten our seatbelts as the flight was landing bought me back from my dreamland. I made myself look a bit presentable and waited for the flight to land. The flight landed. I collected my luggage and rushed out of the airport to find myself a cab. I was in Mangalore....finally! I had to hide my inner turmoil from amms which was the most difficult task now but I knew that I could do it. I sat in the cab and soon was off to my home, to find my lost solace and to find my lost confidence.

I was standing right outside my house, my legs had turned into jelly.....it had been 3 years since I last visited Mangalore....since I last saw amms.....what was I going to do? What was I going to say? I took a deep breath and mentally revised what I was going to say in front of amms and made a mental note that I won't breakdown in front of her. I finally entered in with a smile and shouted- "Amms! I'm home!" But got no response. I  checked the time.....hmmmm...I know where exactly she must be right now I thought as a smug smile formed on my face. I left my bags in the living room itself and went running to amms in The Gurukul. I reached there and I was right, she was right there sitting with her veena, singing in her ever so melodious voice. I looked at her in awe. I have always admired her....be it as a singer or teacher or even as a person, she's just perfect! I slowly walked towards her with baby steps on my tippy toes making sure not to make any noise and stood behind her while she was still engrossed in singing. I covered her eyes with my palm and let her guess. "Nandu kanna......welcome back home" "amnms apko kaise pata ki it's me?" I asked with a pout, she smiled at my antics and turned around facing me "kyuki I'm your amms and I know you" "this is not fair!" I cribbed like a baby and she laughed. We have always been like this and I really missed these moments that we shared.