A Blank Promise

Manik

Woah! Abhi and mukti! That truly came as a shocker for me. I wasn't expecting this. I mean I'm really happy that mukti moved on in life but I never thought that mukti would even attempt to do so. She had become very fragile and was completely shattered after she came to know about harshad cheating on her, she was not able to collect her broken pieces together. No matter how hard we tried to bring the old mukti back but all our attempts went in vain. She had gone under depression and had started taking anti depressant pills to make herself feel better, making all of us worried for her as those pills could risk her life. But now I'm at peace as I know that Abhi is the one for her, he is just perfect in every aspect. After her breakup mukti had created walls around her and I know Abhi can break those walls and cure her. Mukti's parents never cared about her which affected her a lot, her entire childhood was filled with her craving for love. She wanted someone whom she never had to share and whom she could claim hers, the one who would love her more than himself and I know that someone can be Abhi.

I was busy thinking about how mukti was and how Abhi is perfect for her when nandini's melodious voice broke my trance. "Manik?" She said seating herself beside me and I looked at her. "Hmm" "you know I'm so happy....bhai finally found his love and even mukti has started healing. I just wish that they always remain happy like this." She said with a big cheeky smile and I nodded agreeing to what she said. "Yeah I hope so too". We fell into a comfortable silence. Nandini was in deep thoughts while I was tuning my guitar and glancing at her from time to time. She looked so serene. Manik stop looking at her like some love sick puppy....she's your best friend my brain scolded me. I hurriedly averted my gaze from her and concentrated on tuning my guitar when nandini suddenly exclaimed my name. "Manik" I snapped my head in her direction with concern written all over my face but the look on her face made me cringe my brows. It seemed as if she was in some deep deep thoughts which were making her happy, which could be made out  clearly by that sweet smile tugging her lips. "Kya hua nandu?" "Manik....its so beautiful na?" "What is beautiful nandu?" I asked still confused and she continued. "Are vahi.....making promises to your loved one, making her feel special and wanted, giving her all your love and quenching her thirst for wanting love. It feels so lucky na to claim someone yours forever knowing that the person won't ever leave you and will always be by your side and you will never have to share her with others....she will always be only yours." She said dreamily and I sighed. Like seriously she was thinking this!? And here I was all concerned for her. Manik you need to stop this habit of yours. Getting worried and concerned for her all the time would do nothing but make you all the more restless so chill.....yeah just chill. My brain and heart spoke together and I agreed to them. They do have a point this time! "I wish even I had someone like that for myself " "Nandu you have me na!" "Ya my monster I do have you but you are my best friend not my boyfriend.....remember we are just pretending to be together?" She said pulling my cheeks and I pouted. It broke my heart. She laughed heartily watching me pout like a baby.

 She laughed heartily watching me pout like a baby

I just smiled sheepishly at her.😅😁 Why to worry when she has a friend like me? Understanding her dilemma I answered her. "Acha OK I agree ki I'm not your boyfriend but still I'm your best friend right? And according to you I'm like a soulmate to you who knows you in and out so carrying that title I also have a responsibility." "What responsibility?" She asked confused. "I have a responsibility of fulfilling my besties's wishes. You wanted someone who could make promises to you right so that you feel special like abhi did to mukti?" She bobbed her head cutely saying a yes. "Well then so I give you this blank promise which you can use whenever you want when you feel like making me do something that I don't want to or you want me to do. Okay?" "Okay deal?" "Yeah its a deal" I affirmed. "Thank you thank you thank you so much manik! You are the best friend that one could ever have and I love you for that" she said getting all jumpy about the whole blank promise thing and I was happy for being the reason behind her smile.😇

We talked for a while where nandu mentioned about her two other close friends other than navya and also told me that soon they'll also join space. On asking about them, she simply denied saying she would directly introduce them to me when they come here. She did not even tell me their names. I wonder who they are and are they good people who can be trusted? Chuck it malhotra! That will be seen later when you meet them! My dear brain retorted. OK mister! I replied back. Soon our day came to an end and we headed to the parking lot where we will meet the others.