Our Friendly Banter

Nandini moved down the stairs with that blush yet on her cheeks, biting her lip and smiling to her self unknowingly remembering Manik's words. She snapped out of her dreamland when she heard people around her yelling and chasing each other. There was hustle bustle all around.

Alia: dhruv how can you agree with Cabir? I won't spare you
Alia was running behind a scared dhruv with her bag, ready to hit him, mukti and Abhi were busy in their own world while Cabir was laughing his ass out, enjoying the scene in front of him with navya scolding Cabir, time to time glaring at him. Nandini had enough watching them running around like mad people and thus shouted on top of her voice.

Nandini: STOP!

Listening to her shout manik came running down the stairs, his hair still damp and messy indicating that he just had a shower. He immediately ran to nandini and started checking her from head to toe with worry written all over his face.

Manik*holding nandini's arms*: nandu kya hua? Why did you shout?....you fine na? Tumhe lagi toh nahi hai na?

Manik asked concerned while the rest just adored them who had got silent now due to her shout.

Nandini*cupping his face*: manik chill....calm down I'm fine

Manik*confused*: then why did you shout?

Nandini: look at this place....it feels as if a cyclone had occurred that swept everything away. Its all a mess

Manik had a look around to see that his neatly arranged living room was now in a disheveled state, there were cushions thrown everywhere, his furniture was not at its right place and his sofa covers had creases all over it. It was indeed a mess.

Manik*shouting angrily*: what the hell have you guys done to my house!?

Others bent their heads low, trying to prepare themselves for the monster's outburst.

Nandini*holding his arm*: manik calm down hmm? Although it has become like a fish market now we can still clean it so don't get so mad about it

Manik*a bit calm now*: but nandini Kaka ko yeh sab arrange karne me 3 ghante lage the and today he's on leave to yeh sab kaise hoga yaar?

Nandini: are main hu na....do not fear when nandini is here
She said lifting up her virtual collars boasting about herself. Manik chuckled at how cute she was.

Manik: but tum yeh akele kaise karogi? We all will help you. Manzoor hai toh bolo varna even you are not doing this
He stated with finality in his voice and she just nodded with a smile. Manik gave her a satisfied look and then turned to the rest, his eyes red with anger.

Manik: is there any explanation on why exactly my house looks like a cyclone struck place?
He asked narrowing his eyes. Everyone gulped. Alia pushed mukti ahead.

Alia: ha...ha manik mukti bataegi

Mukti looked towards alia and gave her a 'I won't spare you look' and pushed Cabir ahead.

Mukti: manik Cabir hai na....vo bataega tujhe

Cabir: nahi mujhe itni jaldi nahi marna.....dhruv...Bhai tu bata na manik ko please..
He pushed dhruv in front. Abhi and navya were trying their best to suppress their laughter seeing the fierce fab 5 members turning into timid cats. Manik stood there tapping his foot waiting for an answer. When he could no longer stay calm he shouted.

Manik*angrily*: BUDDY SAY SOMETHING! What is all this?

Dhruv: vo...vo buddy alia keh rahi thi ki use aaj ki party ke liye dress ki shopping karne jana hai toh Cabir use tease karne laga aur maine bhi Cabir ka saath diya to alia got mad at me and started chasing me around to hit me and that is how this all happened

As he completed, manik and nandini stared at him as if he had grown another head.

Nandini: that means you were running like mad people just because Cabir teased alia?
She was still shocked.

Alia: yes

Manik: I can't believe this! What are you? 5? Even those little children don't act like this....grow up guys!

Navya: manik sabko mat daato yeh sab na is pagal Cabir ke wajah se hua hai
Navya smacked Cabir's head.

Cabir: madhubala....Tum meri girlfriend ho ya dushman?

Navya*playfully smirking*: Jo tum chaho

Cabir stared her with his wide open mouth and navya giggled at his expression. All were busy staring at each other, trying to know what exactly was happening there when aryaman entered.

Aryaman: hello people....Itna sanatta kyu hai?

Nandini: arya chodo na....lets discuss for what we are actually here (excited)...the new year party!!

Aryaman shrugged in reply. Now the house cleaning was a long forgotten business.

Soon they settled themselves in the living area and started their discussion.

Mukti: so manik...whats the plan?

Cabir*rubbing his hands in excitement*: ha jaldi bol, I just can't wait to party

Navya*glaring*: cabirrr!!

Manik: so the plan is ki soha ke dad ne unke ghar party rakhi hai as you all know and we will have to go because of our album deal....

Dhruv: ha buddy but fir kya? Don't tell me that we are going to celebrate our new year with soha

Manik: no dhruv...not at all...as I said we will attend that party but leave early and then go to my farmhouse where we will party our style...cool?

Alia: yesssss....atleast we will not have to bear soha

Nandini: true that

Abhi: baby doll chalo lets go...tumhe ready bhi hona hai and you girls will take alot of time so I guess we should get going

Dhruv: ya ab hum seedha manik ke ghar milenge at 6 and from there we will go together ok?

Others: ok cool

They dispersed back to their houses to get ready.

Nandini's place

Nandini was overexcited to celebrate this new years. As soon as she reached home, she rushed upstairs to get ready. She took a warm shower and then started getting ready wearing her gown. She did a light make up and curled her hair at the bottom, looking like and angel with a beautiful smile adorning her lips which were a shade of pink because of the gloss she had applied.

I know I have written crap and its more like a filler chapter but was important. Sorry but please bear with it.