My First Kiss?

Nandini

So home sweet home it is. I reached home at around 3:30 in the afternoon and the party is at 8pm so I can take a nap for 2 hours and yet get ready for the party on time. I was beyond tired, all my energy was drained off. I decided to have a hot shower to calm my nerves down and then take a nap so that my body could relax. I kept all my shopping bags near one corner of my room and then stepped into the washroom with my towel and PJs to take a warm, relaxing shower. I stripped and entered into the shower. It was warm enough to calm me down and relax me from all the tiredness that I was feeling. I washed my hair with my favourite vanilla essence shampoo and then rubbed my body under this hot water relaxing myself. I was done with my shower in almost half an hour. I changed myself in my comfy PJs and came out in my room drying my wet hair. It felt heaven to me. My body was feeling light and I was ready to doze off any moment. I slipped into my covers and let myself get lost in my dreamland.

I woke up with the sound of fiddling that was coming from the room next to me. I felt fresh like a daisy now. I was all set to enjoy in the party now. I saw the time, it was 6:15, I still had time to doll me up and look stunning. I changed my dress and wore the beautiful dress that manik chose for me and did my hair. I decided to leave my hair open with some curls at the bottom but took care that they looked natural and applied minimal makeup. To be very honest, I'm not a big fan of makeup and stuff. I think that looking natural is a more better option.

 I think that looking natural is a more better option

Nandini's outfit and earrings

I quickly wore my earrings and slipped my black heels on. I was completely ready to have fun now. It was nearly 8:05 when I was all ready and a few minutes later at around 8:15 my doorbell rang. I knew who it was. Manik. I was alone at home as Bhai was off to pick mukti. Oh did I tell you about that? I guess not. Well, as both mukti and Bhai did not have any partners for the night and were the only left outs in our group Bhai manned up to ask her out to be his date. She agreed. It was hard for everyone to take it but I had managed to notice that small smile over mukti's face that she was trying to hide, biting her lip. I smiled. I was happy that finally things were falling in place in their case. Dhruv- alia and I and manik were paired up as usual and now that left on cabir and navya. Since navya didn't know anyone apart from us here she had half heartedly agreed to be cabir's partner as I had asked her to do this favour for Bhai so that he could take his first step towards mukti while on the other side cabir seemed to be happy for the same. I was snapped back to reality by the continuous ringing of my door bell which reminded me that manik might be panicking standing outside so I hurried to open it.

Woah! I was pushed with so much force that I landed on my sofa with manik on top of me and.....our lips fused for a small peck. My eyes widened. My reaction mirrored by manik. Want to know how we ended up like this? Let me narrate it to you from the beginning itself. So...as soon as I opened the door a very hyper and panic stricken manik entered in hugging me with so much force that as a result, I was caught off guard and landed directly on my sofa with manik hovering over me. It was because of this that our lips met accidentally getting us in giving such shocked expression. I was numb. I was dumbstruck for a moment. We lay there in the same position, with manik on top of me with our eyes locked with each other for a while.

(Imagine manik over nandini)I felt heavy due to manik's weight and flinched causing our eye lock to break

I felt heavy due to manik's weight and flinched causing our eye lock to break. Manik was the first one to snap out of it and got up with a jerk. I suddenly felt cold as I lost his warmth. I chucked those thoughts and got up too. We had never felt this awkward with each other ever before. We did not know what to do or say any further. We were stuttering like some mad and resentful thoughts going on in our mind.

"Umm..." I decided to break the ice and take the initiative to speak something to lessen the awkwardness."umm...manik vo...I...I am....uh..." I was stammering so much! Nandu it was accidental, nothing so big to stammer about I yelled at myself but maybe my heart wanted something else. But it was your first kiss. Wasn't it? Said Mr. Heart . My heart was pounding so loudly that I doubt it was audible enough for manik to listen. Stop making me so nervous you Mr. Blood pumper and let me deal with this! I snapped back. I was getting nervous in front of my best friend whom I have known since like forever!! What is wrong with me?? Ya ya I can see it, how are you managing. My heart mocked. Aiyyappa ye kya ho raha hai??? No no actually kyu ho raha hai?? But I knew I wasn't going to get any answers. My chain of thoughts was broken by manik who was busy trying to be normal and not nervous, but he definitely was. I knew it. "Uh...vo nandu....main vo...I..." "Ha vo...manik....ye sab.....I mean.....umm..." I tried speaking again but it was useless. It seemed like we were having this stammering competition where whoever stammers the most would win. On a second thought is there any competition like this?? Aghgh nandu what are you even thinking? Its not the time for this bullshit now I scolded myself when again the stuttering started but this time together. "vo...vo....i...i..Iamsorry!" "What?!". We said again together. "I am sorry" we said it clearly this time and the next I know was we were laughing like mad people. Finally we were getting back to normal. "Am sorry...vo tum darwaza nahi khol rahi thi and it had been more than five minutes so I was worried and started panicking and jab tumne darwaza khola to I hugged you out of concern....moreover to make myself believe that you were fine due to which that ACCIDENTAL kiss happened." He said all in a breath focusing more on the word accidental and scratching the back of his neck in the last part. "Its OK" was all I could say. "By the way...tum kyu sorry boli" my head shot up at his question but I replied anyway. "Vo kyuki I was in the washroom because of which I couldn't open the door and resulted in you getting panic and....and this...this..." I could not complete. "Kiss?" Manik completed and I nodded embarrassed "uh...yes" "that you should be" he said playfully and I pouted sadly. "Aww....no one can compete with you in being cute" he said side hugging me and asked me if we could leave. I nodded in agreement and soon enough we were off to the party in his car.