You Are The Best Sister In This World

Nandini

We reached the canteen and sat on our usual table. Manik was staring at me wide eyed with a mischievous smirk on his face. I raised my eyebrow at him but he nodded his head vigorously in a no. Nandini murthy is not the one to get convinced so soon. "Manik what's cooking in that monstrous mind of yours?" I asked. "No...nothing...what...what is cooking?....nothing!" He replied acting all innocent. But I know him way too better to fall for his tricks. "Acha?" "Ha" "manik" "nandini" "manik spill it already" "ugh OK fine....I was just thinking.." He smirked with a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Thinking what?" "That the all time innocent, sweet nandini murthy was swearing and yelling angrily that too in front of the entire college! Ohh that's obviously a first!" He stated amusedly. "I would have agreed manik but maine nandu ka ye avtaar already dekha hai so for me its not a first" Bhai said nonchalantly. "Ohhhhkkayyy" manik exaggerated dramatically and I glared at him. "Manik the nandini murthy that you were talking about who is always sweet na that is what I'm always but for those who don't deserve my sweet treatment will definitely have to face my wrath" I added with a smirk. Manik was in a shock right now with his mouth opened in an 'o' shape. I giggled at his condition. He opened his mouth to say something but no words came out and he eventually smiled to himself.

 He opened his mouth to say something but no words came out and he eventually smiled to himself

"Nandini devi aapke charan kaha hai...hume aapke charan sparsh karne hai....apne manik baba ki bolti jo band kar di" cabir mocked, "cabirrr" manik glared at him while we all laughed. "Manik ye look kya de raha hai use, he's right" even mukti supported cabir's mocking. "I second that buddy" dhruv said. "Even I'm in baby" said alia. "Ha ha if dhruv agrees to tum agree kyu nahi karogi alia" said manik nodding his head in disbelief and sighed helplessly. "Only we can make you helpless manik" Abhi laughed and we joined him while mukti high fied abhi. I looked at Bhai with a suspicious smirk and he smiled sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck.

The long long college day had finally come to an end. We all were hell tired. The girls decided to shop tomorrow for the party and the boys had to forcefully tag along to carry our bags and also shop something nice for them. I am really excited for tomorrow. If I had the powers then I would have skipped this night and would directly reach the mall for my shopping. I had my dinner with bhai where I decided to confront him about mukti and his reply surprised me.

Nandini: Bhai aaj kal don't you think ki aap mukti ko kuch zyada hi admire kar rahe ho?

Abhi: nahi....n...nahi to main....main kaha use admire karta hu

Nandini: oh acha?
I asked sarcastically.

Nandini *sarcastically*: aap admire kaha karte ho....vo to bas aise hi har baar apka dhyaan uski taraf chala jata hai aur aap use stare karne lagte ho. Right?

Abhi: acha OK I agree I have this tiny viny crush on mukti but kabhi bolne ki himmat hi nahi hoti. Vo jitni beautiful and innocent hai na utni hi zyada dangerous bhi hai. She does not believe in love, use lagta hai ki it is waste of time.

Nandini: kyu?

Abhi: tujhe bata hai ki why does fab 5 loath harshad so much?

Nandini: why?

Abhi: kyuki harshad cheated on mukti. He was two timing her jiske vajah se uska trust toot gaya and from then she lost her faith in love. I really want to make her understand nandu ki love does not hurt you always. If it has hurt you once and never comes back to you, it means that it was never meant for you and there is someone more deserving waiting for you, to love you even more than you could ever imagine. I want to heal her baby doll but I can't ( sighs helplessly) because she won't let me.

I could not believe that abhi could be this serious who hated being serious in life, who thought that being serious in life is an offence.

I stated at him with amusement in my eyes, he chuckled at my reaction.

Abhi: baby doll apna muh to band karle varna flies vaha apna ghar bana lenge

He mocked. I closed my mouth instantly still trying to believe that this is my not so serious and always jolly brother in front of me being all serious which made me realise that he had fallen really hard for mukti.

Nandini: Bhai apne bola tha na ki mukti is hard from outside but is very soft within herself, she has created walls around her?

Abhi *confused* : ya so?

Nandini: you need to break her walls bhai, you need to win her trust and make her believe in love once again

Abhi: but howwww????

Nandini: with your love. Yes Bhai you have to heal her with your love and I know you can do it.

Abhi: yes I will!! Thank you nandu! You are the best sister in this world.

I laughed at his childish behaviour and we were soon off to sleep, waiting eagerly for the next day to begin which will bring in new hopes and enlighten our lives.