The Band Manager

Manik

Today's morning was bliss. I was always afraid, what if nandini did not feel the same as I did and I was only assuming things? What if this affects our friendship and I lose her forever? All these what ifs had got me legit cold but then as nandini always says, follow your heart and that's what I did, I listened to my heart and confessed whatever I felt for her, I put forward all my fears and trust me that moment my heart was racing like a wild horse and only nandini's answer could calm me down and that actually happened. Nandini gave me her lovely smile and said that even she feels the same for me and after that I was the happiest human on this earth. Yes I did say that I liked her but I am sure that it won't take me long to replace that like with love cuz this feeling...its...its different, a lot more than just like and I guess this is what people call as the phase of falling in love and I would happily fall in love with her because I never want this to die. Now I just have one thing to worry about, the reaction of our friends when they come to know about us, specially Abhi as him being nandini's brother, he is overprotective about her. Not that it is a bad thing but lets face it, his decision matters a lot to nandini and to me as well afterall Abhi is my childhood buddy and I can't go against him and ruin nandini, mine and his bond.

Phew! Too much of tension!

I hope everything falls in place. I need to be strong for nandini because she is already so tensed and I can't get her more worried.

Nandini

Aiyyappa! Please sab theek kar dena. I have just one wish right now and that is our friends being affirmative about mine and Manik's relationship because I don't want this to end. Today morning was a pure bliss and I want my everyday to be like that, in his arms, my safe place but I can't be selfish na...we can't ignore our friends because their consent matters. For manik, fab 5 is more than his family for him and I don't want him to suffer because he wants to be with me and mostly I am just worried about Bhai. Knowing his overprotective nature towards me, I don't know what will happen.

Aiyyappa please make everything okay.

End of POV

With these thoughts in head manik halted his car in front of nandini's place that brought nandini out of her reverie of thoughts.

Manik: don't worry...its going to be fine ya? I will come to pick you up after an hour for college and there we will tell them together ok?

Nandini nodded as manik passed her an assuring smile. Nandini got down from the car after giving a quick hug to manik and manik sped off to his place.

Nandini reached home and rang the doorbell to be greeted by a messed up Abhi.

Nandini: Bhai yeh sab kya hai? What were you doing?

She asked scanning him from head to toe who was covered with flour, his hair all messed and the apron that he was wearing colored with all the ingredients of their kitchen, hiding the actual colour of the apron.

Abhi was about to answer when nandini eyes widened realizing something and she rushed inside the kitchen.

Nandini: aiyyo Bhai what have you done to my kitchen?!

She asked horrifically after looking at her oh-so-clean kitchen which now looked as if a hurricane had occurred there. Nothing was at its place. Nandini turned and glared at Abhi and he made a cute baby face to melt her.

Abhi: Voh actually na I thought ki you might be hungry and it was almost lunch time so I decided to make lunch for you but I forgot that I was a cooking disaster...sorry

He said cutely.

Nandini almost melted seeing his puppy face but soon covered up.

Nandini*sternly*: ten minutes and I want this kitchen clean as it was before. Till then I will go and change