More Than Friends?

Nandini

Manik made me feel so special today. I really felt like a princess with everything and every effort that he made just for me but still one question is stuck in my mind which even if I try my best, I won't be able to remove.

Are we just friends? Do friends really do such things for each other?

Okay! I know that whatever manik does, he does it with his whole heart and soul but still i just can't help but think of where does our relationship stand now.

I was snapped out of my dreamland when manik snapped his fingers to bring me out of my trance.

Hey! Where are you lost?
He asked. I took some time to register the surroundings and then answered casually. "Nothing....I just zoned out...yeah..." "ohkayyy" he replied still not convinced with my answer but let it go. "So lets take you to your next surprise now!" he said rubbing his hands in excitement. "There's more?" I was surprised as well as shocked.

How and when did this boy manage to do so much!?

The dress, accessories, all those gifts, the treasure hunt clues then the roses, the carriage, the cute dinner that we had was I guess more than enough and still this insane guy has planned more!?!?

Nandini Murthy not even your real boyfriend would have done so much for you!
My conscience voiced.

Yup. I know.

But what if he is the one? What if you and manik are meant to be?
My heart came up with all the what ifs.

The thought itself of me and manik being together, like together together as in a couple makes me squeal inside and my cheeks turn red then what if this actually happens?

NOOOOO!!
Oh welcome Ms. Brain!

I said sarcastically ,rolling my eyes in annoyance.

You guys are best friends remember? If you express your feelings to manik then maybe you will lose him forever nandini
My brain reasoned and my all focus got stuck on these words 'lose him forever'
NO WAYS! I can't lose him! No I...I can't.

Nandini don't let your brain ruin what your heart has. What if manik feels the same for you? Just give it a thought
My heart tried to explain.

But what if he never felt something for you in this way?
My brain had to answer. Note the sarcasm here!

But what if he does feel for you and you lose this chance? Then don't sit regretting over letting him go in future cuz that is what you chose for yourself.
A small voice from inside me said and I went numb.

Will you be able to see him with someone else when it is supposed to be you?
My heart questioned. My brain had no answer to it.

Only the thought of him being with someone else other than me is making me furious then what would I do if this actually happens? Should I give US a chance?

Thinking all these we finally reached my next surprise.

End of POV

The entire way was lit with lanterns and lamps which seemed to capture nandini's attention more. They soon reached the place where manik had planned her surprise when nandini felt a palm covering her eyes to which she frowned.

Nandini: manik why are you covering my eyes? How will I see my surprise? Remove your hand na!
She cribbed like a baby but stopped at once when she felt Manik's hot breath fanning on her neck, making her weak in her knees. Her legs turned into jelly due to the close proximity, her cheeks flushed and he felt wobbly. It was only for manik that she could still stand on her feet.