Day Out With My New Friends

Nandini

Sun kissed my face and I lazily opened my eyes trying to adjust the sun rays. I opened my eyes only to jump back in surprise. "Bhai! What the hell...I could have got a heart attack right away." I yelled at Bhai with amusement in my tone when I saw him standing on my bed as soon as I woke up which made me jump in fear and shock. "Are vo I was trying to wake you up so..." He trailed off and I gave him a 'are you serious look' while he scratched the back of his neck. "Ohhhhkayyy....so now if you excuse me, can I go and freshen up so I can get ready to ya Bhai go shopping ...hope you remember?" I asked. "Ya of course I do" "thank God!" I sighed.
We chatted for a while and then freshened up. We had our breakfast and were soon off to the mall.

As soon as I entered the mall's parking lot, my eyes were palmed with a familiar hand which I immediately identified. "Navya!" I called out and I was engulfed in a bone crushing hug. "Kaisi ho nandu??" "Awesome as always but tum aaj itni formal kyu ho rahi ho?" I asked. "Bas aise hi" is all that she replied. "So wassup drama queen! Nandu mili to tum mujhe to bhul hi gayi. Dekhli tumhari dosti" said abhi faking tears. Navya chuckled and hugged him tight saying "aisa kuch nahi hai abhi" it was only then when the fab 5 entered and bhai and navya broke the hug. Mukti had seen Bhai hugging navya due to which she started making faces and when Bhai greeted her, she simply glared at him faking a smile. Bhai got confused at first but later understood when I signalled towards him and navya. Bhai smirked. Bhai smirking was rare but when he does then there's definitely something cooking in that smartass head of his.

I was busy comprehending about bhai's behaviour when my feet were lifted up from the ground and I was engulfed in a bone crushing hug that resulted me in coughing by my one and only best friend, the manik malhotra. Well, what can I say.....he's always been like this. "Nandu!! Sup!" He said enthusiastically and I knew he was definitely upto something now. "Manik no need to act all cheerful about this shopping thing now. Tell me what's cooking huh!?" I asked raising my brow questioningly towards him. "Um...its nothing special actually....it's just that...uh.." He stuttered. "Uh huh....its just that? You don't need to stammer....tell me...I'm all ears" I said indicating him to continue and so he did "um I was thinking if I could select a dress for you tonight to wear you know.....only if u don't mind." He blurted nervously playing with his fingers whilst emphasising on his last words as he very well knew about how particular I was about my clothes and dressing and dont let anyone interfere in it but still I let manik do it keeping in mind that so called 'fake boyfriend thingy' which we had to pretend for God knows how long. I laughed "aww manik you so cute. You can surely do that but mind you, the dress should be real gorgeous" I threatened. " oh that it'll be...don't worry about it" he grinned widely dragging me along with him to shop for the party.

Ahhh....its been two hours since we started hunting appropriate dresses for us to wear but I or even manik could find anything that could impress us for myself. I was so sick and tired now. We roamed almost all the shops to find a suitable dress for me but got none. I was so lost in my self talking session that everything else around me had become mute until I felt an elbow nudging me and then someone shaking my shoulders vigorously to gain my attention. I looked up to find a very confused manik in front of me, trying to register where I was so lost. "Nandini?.....where do you zone out nowadays?" He asked suspiciously. "Nowhere" I replied almost immediately not letting him know about my stupid self talks. "Anyway see what I found for you....have a look" he said grinning at me like a Cheshire cat, showing me a beautiful red dress touching the ground with a pretty v-floral neckline and a diamond studded belt with a floral design across the waist band looking elegant. I could not take my eyes off it. It was perfect. Just what I wanted, classy and decent.

I was beaming like crazy and in an instant jumped upon manik, hugging him tight for this wonderful dress that he had chosen

It took another one hour for us or more precisely me to choose a perfect outfit for manik that could compliment mine. I finally found it after one hour of rummaging in different stores. I had chosen a black shirt complimented with a black blazer with red piping along it for him which completely contrasted my outfit. We would look like a perfect couple then.

Ahh we were exhausted now. Exhausted be an understatement to define how tired we are. We were hungry as hell. It was easy to make out by the rumbling sounds of our stomach, hence we decided to eat something and then get back home to rest for a while and then get ready. The day was really fun today. I seemed to get well along with alia and mukti as we had many interests in common, dhruv was very shy at first but soon started opening up. He could be the sweetest friend that one could ever have. Then comes cabir. Well what I can just say about him yet is that he is a jolly person who enjoys cracking silly jokes and teasing his friends a lot. He's fun to be around. I could see a big brother in him and even he thought of me as his little sister. Though it had been very little time since we had known each other, it looked as if I knew them since ages. Now I could slowly understand the deep bond of friendship they shared with each other. It was something which anyone would admire always. We quickly had our food and then rushed home to rest and get ourselves ready and all set for our first.....uh well MY first party at space tonight.