Making Him Happy

After punching in the code Nandini asked Manik to finally open his eyes and as soon as he did that he was greeted by the door of a house.

A house?

Manik: Nandini yeh kiska ghar hai? Why are we here?

Nandini: Manik how do you manage to be so stupid all the time? Tumne koi special classes li hai ya you just pretend to be so stupid?

Manik: oh hello...stop mocking me ok and answer my questions

Nandini: Didn't you see the nameplate dumbo?

Manik cringed his brows together as he tilted his head to look the nameplate.

MaNan -the nameplate read.

Manik*confused*: agar yeh ghar humara hai toh how do I not know it?

Nandini: Wait, you'll know soon

She smiled increasing Manik's confusion.

Nandini opened the door and asked Manik to enter in first. Manik frowned but anyways shrugged and was about to enter in when a dried cement plate sitting right near the entrance caught his eye. The plate had two pairs of tiny feet embossed over it. Manik halted his steps, confused but soon enough his eyes twinkled and Nandini knew Manik had realised where they were.

Manik: Nandini yeh toh humare foot prints hai na jo Amma ne liye the? She always wanted to place this in her- OH MY GOD! Yeh...yeh Amma ka school hai na that she always dreamt of making?

He asked all excited.

Nandini: Ha this is the same school Manik

Manik: But agar yeh school hai then how does this look like a house? I am so confused Nandu

He pouted cutely.

Nandini: I'll tell you everything but let's go inside first

Manik nodded as they stepped inside the house together and the first thing Manik did was keep the cement plate carefully on the table so that it doesn't break. Once satisfied, he tilted his head upwards and his eyes started wandering around the place.

The flat was a simple one. The living room had vibrant colours everywhere as if a rainbow had just spilled around the place with white furniture. He further walked in towards the kitchen which had smilies all around with some quotes about spreading happiness that brought an instant smile on his face. He turned around and walked towards the balcony that was decorated beautifully with different plants and fairy lights. He sighed at the view of the silent night as he realised the location of the place. It was right next to the Marine Lines, exactly where Nandini's amma wanted it to be since she loved the sound of those wild waves hitting the shore. His smile just widened thinking how Nandini had taken care of everything. He then made his way towards the rooms. All this while Nandini was silently following him and observing all his expressions, also the ones he didn't express but his eyes did. She clearly saw how his face shined with happiness when he saw the kitchen and the living room, how his eyes were momentarily moist when he carried the cement plate to keep it safely on the table and that peace he felt when he stood in the balcony. She saw it all and she was glad that she was somewhere the reason behind it.

 She saw it all and she was glad that she was somewhere the reason behind it