101||

Chris' point of view:

"How is he today?" Mum asks as soon as I close the car door and buckle my seatbelt.

"They're putting him on medication, they gave him a needle" I reply bluntly

"Well as long as it's going to help him, right?" She says starting the car

"Right." I agree

I turn up the radio just so I don't have to endure more talking about Ethan. I want to talk about Ethan, just not with my Mum. The only person I want to talk about Ethan with, is Ethan.

I stare out the window as we start to drive away from the hospital, away from Ethan.

We pull up at a set of lights and Mum turns to face me.

"Chris I know this is hard, but you can talk to me about everything if you want to." She tells me

"I know Mum" I sigh

We don't talk the rest of the way home, or rather I've ignored all of her attempts to.

I go straight to my room and I close the door behind me. I flop down on my bed and almost instantly my eyes become heavy, the sooner I fall asleep then the sooner I can get back to Ethan.

•••

"Chris, wake up. It's 12pm" Mum shakes me awake

I sit up quickly and open my eyes.

"12pm? That means I've already missed an hour of visiting time, we have to go." I say trying to get up, but she stops me.

"You're barely awake Chris, you need to change your clothes and eat before we go. We're already an hour late, might as well take our time."

I get up anyway.

Mum leaves me and I start getting ready. I pull open my wardrobe and pick out a random t-shirt and pants. I put them on and walk out my room.

"Mum can we go?" I call out

"Are you ready?" She asks walking into the hallway

"Yes."

"Have you eaten?" She asks

"Yes." I lie slipping my shoes on

"Let's go then" she says grabbing her keys

•••

We arrive at the hospital and I'm out of the car before it's even stopped moving.

I enter the hospital and begin the walk down the many, many hallways and corridors.

I reach the big double doors leading into the ward and I press the button on the side, I wait only a few seconds until I'm buzzed in.

I push open the doors and walk over to the front desk to sign myself in. I pick up the pen and almost drop it when I read the name above where I'm about to sign mine: Jeremy Thompson.

He didn't put what room he's visiting but he got here when visiting hours started.

Ethan.

I sign myself in and run down the hallway to Ethan's room.

I open his door and step inside, Ethan's  huddled on a chair hugging his knees.