127||

A/N: Trigger Warning, read with caution beans.

Ethan's point of view:

"Eth, Etho wake up, Bub" Chris runs his hand through my hair a few times and I open my eyes to look up at him.

"Mmm?" I rub my eyes barely awake enough to even process what's happening.

"Jake and I are going soon, I just thought I'd wake you up and let you know" he smiles at me and stands up

"Oh" I sit up and stretch slowly, "how soon is soon?"

"Like half an hour" he tells me and for the tiniest of moments my heart sinks a little.

"I guess... I'll just stay here then" I stand up and run a hand through my messy mop of bed hair

"Well where else would you go?" Chris chuckles walking out the room.

"Hey wait for me" I grab my top from the floor and pull it on as I chase after him.

"Calm down I'm literally right here" he laughs

"Shhhh I love you" I kiss his cheek and he smiles resting a hand gently on my lower back.

"I love you too"

I think my heart skips a beat every time he says that, my heart just flutters. It's something I'll definetly never get tired of hearing.

"Come on then, let's go" he takes my hand and pulls me downstairs where we're met by Jakob.

"Look who it is" Jakob smiles putting an arm around my shoulders and pulling me into him from the side, "the soon to be birthday boy"

I smile and roll my eyes "It's really not a very big deal you guys"

"Shut up, yes it is" Jakob shushes me

"You don't have to get me anything though" I sigh, these boys.

"Ethan Connor Karpathy we are getting you birthday presents whether you like it or not" Chris shakes his head and wanders into the kitchen.

"But guyssss" Jakob and I follow him

"Nope" Jakob holds his hand to my mouth, "no more talking from you"

I push his hand away "Fine I'll stop talking about it then"

They both laugh and Chris raises his arm glancing down at his watch.

"Well, Jake I think we should head off"

"Alrighteo, we'll see you soon Etho" Jakob slaps my back, not hard enough to hurt and he disappears down the hallway, I turn back to Chris.

"We won't be that long" he smiles at me and I nod, "I guess I better join Jakob now, before he starts beeping the car horn"

I chuckle a bit and step forward pulling him into a hug. It takes a few seconds for him to hug me back and it's only a few seconds later that we pull away.

"I'll see you later" he smiles ruffling my hair and disappearing down the hallway as Jakob had.

"See you later" I mumble to myself turning and just catching a glimpse of him as he closes the front door behind him.

Then they're both gone.

Part of me wishes that I couldn't hear the car backing out of the driveway right now, part of me wishes Chris and I were still in bed fast asleep and there was no special occasion to prepare for. Part of me wishes that my heart wasn't racing a million miles right now as I make my way upstairs. Part of me wishes I'd held Chris that little bit longer and felt his warm touch for longer than just a few seconds, the hug means nothing to him but to me it's the whole world.