112||

Chris' point of view:

I'm awoken quite abruptly by the sound of my parents coming into my room singing happy birthday rather loudly.

I groan and roll over in my bed, burying my face further into my pillow.

"Come on sweetie, wake up its your birthday" Mum says, excited.

I groan again and sit up rubbing my eyes, I open them again to see both my parents smiling wide eyed and staring at me.

"Come downstairs when you're dressed and we'll do the presents." Mum smiles, I nod and pull back the covers of my bed.

Mum and Dad both exit my room closing the door behind them. I sigh knowing I won't have any birthday messages, apart from Jakob or Ethan. Seeing as though I have Ethan's phone and not my own.

I stand up, stretch, and walk over to my wardrobe. I pick out some random clothes and put them on, I attempt to tame my mess of hair in the mirror but fail and decide to just leave it as it is. I'm in such a bad mood this morning I don't think anything could cheer me up.

I make my way downstairs and force myself to put on a smile.

"Happy birthday!" Mum gushes, rushing forward to pull me into a very tight hug, once she lets me go Dad does the same.

"Come on, sit down. It's time to open your presents" Mum continues sitting down and patting the seat beside her.

I do just that and sit down next to her, she immediately pulls out a small gift wrapped box and hands it to me.

I slowly unwrap it and inspect the box.

"Wow" I gasp in awe, they got me a camera. They got me a really really expensive camera.

Before I even get time to look at it properly Dad speaks.

"This next present isn't something we could wrap." He smiles pulling out two concert tickets, he hands them to me and I hastily take them. They're tickets to The 1975 next weekend.

"We figured that you would be able to take Jakob, or maybe Ethan" Mum smiles, I can't help but smile too.

"Thank you so much" I hug them both again

"I have to go out, but I'll be back in a few hours" Mum stands up and walks out the living room.

There's silence until Dad speaks again.

"Why don't we open this camera and have a look, hey?"

I hand him the box and stand up, we head into the kitchen. Dad places the box down on the counter and opens a drawer to find what I assume would be scissors.

"So how do you feel?" He asks

"I don't know" I sigh, trying not to seem as down as I feel. I don't want him to think that I'm ungrateful.

"You miss him don't you?" He leans on the bench and looks at me for a second.

"Yeah I do" I lean on the bench also "a lot. And I won't even get to see him for ages. It's so unfair."

"Maybe you'll see him sooner than you think" he stands back up and starts to cut the sides of the box.

A few minutes later he's successfully opened the box.