125||

Chris' point of view:

I wake up and roll over coming face to face with Ethan still sleeping peacefully. This is the most relaxed I've seen him in the past four days. I run my hand through his hair gently and he smiles in his sleep.

I sit up and stretch slowly, making sure I don't wake Ethan. I get up and get changed in some warm clothes, it's pretty cold today.

When I walk downstairs Jakob is already up and sitting on the couch in the living room.

"Hey Jakob" I sit down beside him and he smiles at me

"It's quiet so I assume that Ethan's still asleep, yes?" He asks looking back at the stairs

"Yep, he's peacefully asleep. For now that is," I smile to myself "I'm just gonna let him sleep. He was pretty tired last night and we've been really busy the past few days."

Jakob laughs.

"Hey no don't laugh" I shove him lightly "we've been having fun anyway and it's making him happy"

"That's always good"

"Mhmm" I nod

"Chris?" Ethan's tired voice comes from upstairs

"Down here, Baby" I call out and Ethan's footsteps can be heard thudding down the stairs until he stands in the doorway

"Hi" he mumbles rubbing his eyes of sleep

"Hey" Jakob and I both say at the same time

"Come here" I pat the space next to me and Ethan walks over and slumps down next to me, leaning his head on my shoulder.

"Bit tired there, Etho?" Jakob raises an eyebrow at Ethan who then groans closing his eyes.

"Shhh you're being too loud" Ethan holds up his hand to silence Jakob.

"No plans for today then?" Jakob stifles a laugh

"No." Ethan groans again moving closer to me

"You okay?" I place my hand gently on his leg and he nods,

"I'm just tired." He mumbles

"You can go back to bed"

"No, I wanna be with you"

He moves to rest his head in my lap, then grabs my hand putting it in his hair telling me he wants me to play with it. I do just that, I gently start to run my fingers through his hair and he noticeably relaxes. Something isn't right. He's acting strange, stranger than usual for Ethan.

I look over to Jakob and he seems to be thinking the same thing, he gives me a look and I know he is. He goes to get up and I nod.

"Hey Eth" I continue running my fingers through his hair

"Mmm?"

"Are you okay?" I stop for a second and he doesn't do anything to show me he's even acknowledged my words.

"Of course" he mumbles

"Are you sure Eth?" I ask and this time he opens his eyes and looks up at me

"Yes Chris I'm sure" he smiles

We're silent for a few minutes and considering Ethan has no plans for today it's the perfect day to take Ethan on the date that I have planned.