116||

Ethan's point of view:

Chris is just trying to distract himself from talking and thinking about the test results by helping Jakob clean the house. It doesn't help that I can hardly remember anything from last night either.

"Jesus how do you get food stains up there?" Jakob's voice is high pitched and disgusted, followed by Chris' laugh.

"We are never having a party here again" Jakob decides as he throws more plastic cubs into the bin.

"You say that now" Chris smiles "but when it's your birthday you'll want the same thing."

"Hey, no I won't" Jakob tries to defend himself

"Yes you will" I pipe up, deciding to join the conversation now

"I hate you both" Jakob sighs, this time I'm the one to laugh. "and if you guys want this place clean before any adults turn up you better hustle."

"I guess I'll start upstairs" I groan and reluctantly pull myself to my feet.

I slowly make my way up the stairs and even on the stairs I'm met with plastic cups scattered up and down them.

"Here" Jakob says coming to hand me a trash bag. I take it from him and immediately start to pick the cups up from the floor.

Hours later the three of us have all successfully cleaned the majority of the house. I walk downstairs and there appears to be no Jakob in sight. I do however find Chris sitting on the couch, his eyes are closed but I know he's not sleeping.

"Chris" I approach him cautiously

He opens his eyes and peers up at me, I know he can't stop thinking about it and if I'm honest neither can I.

"I'm scared Ethan" he whispers

"I know, you're going to be okay" I tell him softly as I take his hands in mine and kneel down in front of him to be closer to his height.

"But what happens if I have one? Does it-does it hurt?" Chris asks, his eyes are filled with fear, and that's why I lie.

"No it doesn't hurt Baby"

"Do you promise?" He asks as a few tears slide down his cheeks

"I promise" I nod, I wipe away his tears with the pad of my thumb and he smiles weakly

"Hey, we're going to The 1975 tonight. That'll be fun won't it?" I try to cheer him up, at least we have something to look forward to.

"Yeah" he says with the tiniest smile

"What time is your Mum coming to pick us up?" I ask

"12:30" he sighs

"Come on" I stand up and pull him gently with me "let's just get ready alright?"

He nods and I pull him into a hug, I hold him for several seconds before I pull away and grab his hand again.

Jakob's already left to go back to his house leaving Chris and I to lock up. I lock the front door behind us and we wait in the driveway for Ingrid.

It's sad, actually, we're hardly ever here anymore. We hardly have time for the band anymore. I'm surprised we haven't lost all of our fans honestly.

"Ethan." Chris snaps me out of my thoughts and I look up to see Ingrid's car pulled up on the driveway.

"Sorry, coming" I quickly apologise and I walk over to the car and climb into the backseat along with Chris.

"So..." Ingrid turns around in her seat to face us "how was the party?"