Part Nineteen

The first day of the war was over. And unfortunately many more to come. Kunti was sitting and silently praying that her sons were ok. She closed her eyes as she remembered her beloved husband Pandu, her eyes remained closed as her thoughts trailed towards her best friend who was more like a sister. Prashati. She had supported her through every situation and never once judged her when it came to her son. Karan. Prashati spent her nights controlling Kunti and preventing her from doing any harm to herself. For this she would always remain indebted.

A stray tear from her eyes made there way down her cheeks as she let her memorise consume her. Just then her five sons entered her tent and looked at their mother, instantly there smiles vanished as they saw the trail of tears on there mothers face. Arjun rushed to his mothers side and wiped the tears away, Kunti opened her eyes hastily and smiled slightly at the sight of her third son and the worry on his face. He asked in a chocked voice "Maa what's wrong, you know i don't like people crying so why these tears." Kunti hesitated but still voiced her pain " i was just letting my memorise consume me My son, i miss my best friend so much, when i ever had any troubles or problems i would always go to her, she was more like my sister, a friend is a understatement. i just wish i could see her and talk like we used to do for hours." The brothers smiled at each other which didn't go unmissed by Kunti she asked "Why you smiling like that." Arjun replied " Maa today we saw Rajkumari Draupadi." Arjun explained there encounter and told his mother about how she fought in the war. Kunti with pride replied "She is exactly like her mother , strong and firm in her beliefs." Arjun replied " Yes mother but before she walked away she told us five brothers that Maharani Prashati wishes to meet you." At this kunti stood up and embraced her sons and said " My sons take me to her please." They nodded and proceeded to the other side to meet the Queen of Panchal.

Prashati was going through a similar manner as kunti as she remembered everything, as her eyes were closed they quickly opened at the sound of shouting. Prashati ran out and was told that people from the other side had come to see someone at this she turned to look and there she saw her best friend Kunti, she was so happy but was shocked to see the soldiers having there weapons ready, she mentally laughed at this. "Leave them." She said. The five brothers and mother all looked in her direction and kunti couldn't help but smile.Rudely one of soldiers replied no and launched int an argument with the queen. 

Suddenly a voice from behind was heard as the soldiers made way for Rajkumari Draupadi to pass through all eyes where on her as they swooned over her as she walked in her graceful lengha and her hair in a elegant bun.

Once she reached in all her glory she looked at the soldier and said "Is that the way to talk to the queen Arnav i'm disappointed you have such a high status one mistake and it can all go, just because we are at war doesn't mean we act irrational,...

Once she reached in all her glory she looked at the soldier and said "Is that the way to talk to the queen Arnav i'm disappointed you have such a high status one mistake and it can all go, just because we are at war doesn't mean we act irrational, please apologise." You could tell that his ego was hurt but he muttered a sorry to the queen, Draupadi smiled and said "it takes a big person to admit when they are wrong." She smiled at him and turned her attention towards the rest of the soldiers who had the weapons pointed at the five brothers and mother. " Put your weapons down and don't act like that we train soldiers not rude people." They all did this and kneeled down to  the princess and all said sorry Rajkumari, Draupadi smiled genuinely at them all and said "I'm not the one you should be apologising, i get it you are trying to do your duty, i understand that better than anyone but there are certain ways of carrying it out just remember that okay" At this they apologised to kunti and the brothers and started chanting the Rajkumari's name, one of them said to the princess, " you truly are Mata Durga." She smiled again at this and watched as they all walked back to their positions. She looked at her mother who had tears in her eyes as she pulled her daughter into a hug she wrapped her arms around her mother. The brothers and mother looked at each other and smiled and it widened as she wiped her mothers tears away. Prashati caressed Draupadi's face and looked at kunti and engulfed her into a hug which kunti gladly returned, whilst the mothers were having there moment Arjun and Draupadi's gaze met as the smiled at each other. They turned there attention back to the mothers and as they broke apart the brothers introduced themselves to their mother friend/sister. 

Once that was done Draupadi stepped forth and bent down to take Kunti's blessings and was stopped in the middle and pulled into a hug by the older women. Draupadi started of by saying " Sorry for the inconvenience getting here, i hope they weren't too rude Maharani." Kunti smiled at this and said "First of all don't call me that, call me , Maa it will make me happy and second of all stop apologising." Draupadi laughed at this and said " Alright Maa." Arjun decided to say something " It was really amazing how you handled your army just now." Draupadi smiled at this and shrugged her shoulders " Sometimes they get out of line and they respect me enough to take that from me and so i respect them. it works both ways."  She smiled again.

 Just then Gandhari came and said " Your absolutely right putri." She turned to kunti " You forgot to bring me huh. DO remember she's my friend to." The three of the shared a group hug and once that was done Draupadi bent down and took blessings from the Queen and stood in front of  her. Gandhari caressed her face and said " I won't be able to see you but your words and voice have already touched my heart" After saying this Gandhari pulled her into a hug and loudly said " Because my dear sister-in-law forgot to bring me i came and saw the whole encounter with the soldiers, may god bless you. All three women pulled the girl into a hug and Gandhari also said " If your calling Kunti, Maa, i want to be called Maa to  okay." She nodded her head yes and said " Maa is Dushala with you." At this she smiled and said "Ohh yeah you two are really good friends aren't you." She smiled and said "Yes" Gandhari said "Well she is not here but maybe you guys can meet up soon." 

They continued there chat with laughs as the brothers and Draupadi shared some funny stories of their other siblings all three mothers noticed a cut on Draupadi's arm and shouted "PUTRI" she replied What's wrong and Kunti replied " My dear your bleeding." She looked at her arm and back at the three friends "It's fine its a small cut i'll sort it out later." Prashati mumbled "You never take care of yourself, you are always caring for others and you let your pain consume you. Why?" Draupadi didn't reply. After what felt lie hours the brothers and mothers decided it was time to go back but promised to meet up again tomorrow after the war on the beach and Prashati promised to bring her co-wives and her other sons and daughters. 

Draupadi. Her name danced around his mind as he went back to the camp to see the preparations for the war tomorrow.

She had got her mother back to her tent and went to go see her siblings and told them about the meeting and how all of them after the war need to go to the beach and also came up with a plan to meet with the princes and queens.