Part Fifty-Four

Play in the background if you wish!!
Draupadi ran, her conversation with Arjun replaying in her mind like a broken record, her heart swelled with pain, with one thought in her mind. How could he. Her feet continued running as they stomped against the cold floor reflecting the atmosphere in the castle while the people mourned the loss of their queen. Her feet carried her to her mothers tomb and in the middle rested her mother surrounded by her favourite flowers, she walked in shaking slightly as her emotions were taking over-as she reached her mother she moved her hand to touch Sagrika's forehead only to find herself stop in the middle. Guilt raked through her body casting it's shadow against her heart, had she come sooner maybe just maybe she could have saved her. Collapsing to the floor her tears grazed her face, no one was there, no one could see the weak girl who was screaming out in pure pain. She cried and cried as let her pain consume her for the time, the tears continued to cascade down her face each tear telling it's own story of pain and her she was the daughter of fire feeling so helpless. After controlling herself a bit she began to tell her dead mother everything with no remorse. Tears welled up in her eyes once again she hated this feeling but even the strong ones break eventually. And through the night Draupadi stayed by her mothers side.

*The Next day*
The family were preparing for the farewell of the fifth queen of Panchal, everyone decided to quickly go in and check on Sagrika even though she wasn't there anymore. Once reaching pity grew in their eyes and that pity was for Draupadi. She was sprawled across the floor with her head resting by her mother hand, she lying In a very awkward position yet she looked fairly comfortable- you could also easily see the marks of her tears on her cheeks. Arjun felt slightly relived that she had gotten all that emotion out of her- but her words also echoed through his mind almost taunting him in way; could she really despise him that much the way she talked yesterday was heart wrenching, he never meant to cause her that much pain. Prashati walked up to her daughter and shook her sleeping form gently after a few attempts Draupadi was up but her eyes didn't hold the sparkle they once did, as she left she hurriedly said "we should probably get ready for Ma's funeral." Rushing past she entered her chambers before making her way to bathe, after that she dressed in a simple white sari and tided her up but left it out.

" Rushing past she entered her chambers before making her way to bathe, after that she dressed in a simple white sari and tided her up but left it out

She then made her way down to the royal hall where everyone was waiting for her, her gaze dropped to her mother who since she died before her husband was decked up like a bride, the royal priest came and started performing the last rites and on qu...

She then made her way down to the royal hall where everyone was waiting for her, her gaze dropped to her mother who since she died before her husband was decked up like a bride, the royal priest came and started performing the last rites and on que out side the palace was the wooden area the men placed her down and covered her body as the ladies consoled one another, just then Draupad was given a vessel and walked around the pry as he dropped it at the end and the setting fire to his wife's body whilst tears fell endlessly, draupadi became distraught she wasn't ready for her mother to leave not yet she ran forth and almost touched the fire as Prashati screeched her name "DRAUPADI!!" Two strong arms grasped her waist as they dragged her from the fire, draupadi in response punching the person in the chest over and over again- his arms fell from her waist and grasped her wrists as the punching ended she looked up to see the one the only arjun. His hard gaze sifted and let her go as she fell to the floor once again. But no tears. She couldn't cry anymore even if she tried the tears wouldn't fall she was stronger than that. She stood back up and watched as the fire consumed her mother forever hearing the screams and cries from her family she closed her eyes tightly. I promised to Ma that I wouldn't let them be consumed by grief I will restore their happiness that is the promise for the daughter of fire. Opening her eyes her gaze landed on arjun she gave him a short nod of appreciation before turning and comforting her family and with in minutes all their pain was gone- she had once again given them hope and told them not to live in the past and move on which Sagrika would have wanted too. A new chapter was about to begin.

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed this I'm so sorry for the delay been busy love u all and please comment and vote love ya !!