Part Eighty-One

Previously 

  Outside cry of pain were heard, they untangled themselves from one another to check what was going on outside. They were being ambushed and the opposition was lead by none other than Kajri. Fire and ice let go of each other and stormed into battle. After a few minutes they had regrouped in the middle of the camp along with Krishna, Satya, Raj and Diya. Satya had a mark on her neck and Krishna looked flushed, Draupadi smirked and Arjun looked at her shook her head signalling that she would tell him later. Kajri walked up "Well...isn't that unfortunate, you trusted me and look what i did, i brought you guys your death as a thank you gift." She laughed evily and noticed Arjun and Draupadi's intertwined hands "Ohh look at this Rajkumar Arjun and Rajkumari Draupadi so sweet, blah love doesn't exist only pain." Draupadi left Arjun's hand "That's not true i used to say the exact same thing Kajri, and if i die today in this battle thats okay because i was lucky enough to experience that feeling. Love is life itself, from the moment Arjun walked into my life everything changed, i became a person i didn't even no i was capable of being, i became the very best version of myself that would never have been possible without love. Our love gives my life meaning, it gives my life purpose. And its worth living for, all of it even the pain." Kajri smiled through her tears "You really know how to make a girl believe in love again." "Kajri drop the sword." Draupadi said. "No! i will succeed in killing you." She began attacking her as Arjun was about to step forth Krishna placed a hand on his shoulder "She can take care of herself, we have other issues." They turned to the army as Diya and Satya charged, the boys following suit. Within minutes they had destroyed Kajri's army and turned to Draupadi who was disarmed, "I thought you were better than this." Draupadi anticipated her move and grabbed her blade before it touched her manoeuvring it in such away that she flipped Kajri who landed with a thud on the ground. "Go Kajri, you army is destroyed and i won't dishonour you go back to Kairav and tell him his death awaits him." Kajri growled and ran of into the night,Draupadi looking after her, she felt two muscular arms wrapping around her torso, she relaxed and allowing her arms to slump. He kissed her neck as she arched into him. He looked up at her "What were you gonna tell me?" "Did you notice the mark on satya's neck and Govind's flushed face, i think romance is blooming between our dear friends." Arjun burst out laughing at the revelation as he grabbed her hand the two ran to Krishna waiting to taunt him.  

Preparations for the war had began, seriousness becoming the facial expression of all, all other emotions wiped clear for now. Training had taken drastic changes with war practically knocking on the door, with no time to rest most days were spent on mock battles and coming up with new strategies to keep everyone safe. Hastinapur, Panchal, Dwarka and Ujain (Raj's kingdom) had sent their massive armies to assist them on the task of vanquishing evil.

Draupadi was feeling heavy. With so many responsibilities and having to lead the war she felt burdened- of course she didn't think of it as a burden but she was struggling to cope with everything. Arjun, Krishna,Satya, Diya and Raj were all extremely concerned about their friend as she continued to shut them out time after time.

 Arjun walked out of him chamber and decided to walk about  as he was his gaze shifted to the sight in front of him. His fire born was playing with the children of the village with no care in the world, her features where relaxed as her laugh rang in his ears causing him to shiver and smile. A little girl walked up to Draupadi as Draupadi picked her up swinging her in the air and chasing the rest of the other kids. Out of no where rain began to pour as bystanders as well as the kids ran for shelter. Draupadi smiled as the droplets of rain kissed her skin, oddly she felt satisfied by the feeling she felt like it was Arjun hugging and kissing her body, her arms stretched out inviting the rain to consume her fire but not to distinguish it...No nothing could distinguish her passion. Suddenly to arms wrapped around her waist protectively pulling her closer to their chilled body, she didn't need to turn around she knew it was her Arjun. He traced kisses along her swan like neck causing her to shiver against him, he smirked and claimed her lips. Their hair was now damp with water as her hands tangled into his curly hair closing any distance between them.  Air became an issue as they parted looking into each others eyes. "Achoo" She sneezed, Arjun chuckled at the love of his life before picking her up bridal style. Huskily he whispered "Let's get you inside." And for the rest of the night Arjun took care of his love nourishing her.

*Morning*

The first orange hued rays of sunrise kissed the still dust laden rubble with the same loving care as the undertaker with the recently departed. These soft rays that should have brought warmth to a new day only acted to solidify the reality of their losses. In the dark they had only the smell of the bombs and the fires to contend with, but under the radiating glow of the clouded sky there was no hiding.

Draupadi woke up feeling a ton better, Arjun was laying besides her an eyelash fallen on his face she reached over and wiped it from his face as she was moving her arms Arjun grabbed hold of her arms pulling her to him and giving her a morning kiss. After a lot of complaining from Arjun who insisted they just lay here all day the two got up and rushed to the grounds. They  were still late as Krishna winked at Draupadi causing her to blush and the rest to laugh. Putting an end to them taking the piss out of them, Draupadi spoke "Okay today we will focus on improving archery skills. Grab a bow and some arrows and stand in a line." She closed her eyes as a bow took its place in her hand. She the started to teach everyone as Arjun taught his own group of people. The two constantly catching each others eyes. Once they had gotten the people started of both Arjun and Draupadi began assess their pupils skills. Arjun had a girl in his group who was failing to hit the target miserably he went up behind her and placed his hands over hers helping her. Draupadi caught sight of this and snapped the arrow in half that was present in her hands. Everyone turned to her as she flushed in embarrassment, she looked down at her hand which was now soaked with her dripping blood due to the piece that wedged itself into her hand. It didn't hurt not as much as seeing Arjun with another girl. She was still deep in thought and as she broke her trail of thought she noticed everyone's eyes still latched on to hers she snapped telling them to get back to work and how this war wasn't going to win itself. The people knew she didn't mean to snap at them and they noticed the looks she was giving Arjun and that girl. They felt bad  for their princess despite having happiness pain finds her always. 

It had been less than an hour since the training practice finished and everyone went to eat. Draupadi had made an escape plan and successfully left without anyone noticing or so she thought. Arjun was carrying a thali full of food to where he knew his lover would be. As he continued to walk he found her looking over battle plans with her back to him. He set down the food and stalked over to her as quietly as he could. She still hadn't bothered to acknowledge  his presence. He wrapped his arms around her but she refused to turn to look at Arjun "Arjun leave i have a lot of work that i need to do." She ripped his arms from her and walked over to the other side of the room, he took quick strands to where she was and aggressively pulled her to him. She looked up at him as his gaze wandered down to her hand the had blood oozing out he grabbed hold of her hand instantly bandaging it up with a piece of cloth he had ripped. She looked at him as he show undying care for her. Once he was done she wretched her hand from his grip and turned around Arjun studied her thoughts and realised that she was angry because of that girl. "You feel jealous and now i'm telling you, you have no reason to be jealous i'm your now and forever." He then kissed her with unlimited passion.

Hey guys sorry i haven't updated in a while i have been really busy and i hope you can all forgive me, anyway please bear with me as i write the next few chapter. i hope you liked this one and please do comment and let me know if you like it or not. Thanks a million.