Part Sixty

Today was the Sangeet and Mendhi since the wedding was in two days they decided to join the Mendhi rasam with the Sangeet

Draupadi's outfit

All the guests had arrived and within minutes the sangeet had taken place with everyone singing and dancing while Shikandani was getting her mendhi done

All the guests had arrived and within minutes the sangeet had taken place with everyone singing and dancing while Shikandani was getting her mendhi done. Draupadi was the first to sing.

Taking to the stage she breathed in and began singing. Aashish turned to Shikandani and grasped her hand as the two took to the floor. Slowly, slowly other couples began to join from Aashairya and Sadhashiv, Drupad and Prashati and Arjun and Subhdra. Arjun understood the lyrics after all they were targeted at him. He closed his eyes as he listened to her angelic voice as he found himself drowning with every word. Her voice was filled Pain and Struggle and it left him on the edge but the song was finished. 

She stepped back and as everyone clapped she the proceeded to say. "I have something to say...........Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses. I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is strong.Power is of two kinds. One is obtained by the fear of punishment and the other by acts of love. Power based on love is a thousand times more effective and permanent then the one derived from fear of punishment. Love isn't finding someone to live with its finding someone you can't live without. And i sincerely hope that my Sister and Jijaji's love is like that." She glanced at Arjun and couldn't see him shaking him from her thoughts the lights went down and surprise surprise Arjun was standing there.

He began singing and Draupadi felt her head spin,her heart skipped a beat as she instantly knew what he was singing about acting like he the only one hurt doofus. She was feeling weak in knees as he continued. Krishna who was standing next to her knew her inner turmoil Siv and Shakti the two best starstruck lovers were ripping themselves apart, Krishna knew that the two couldn't live without the other but they were both stubborn and sometimes Krishna hated them for it. 

He practically kicked Arjun of the stage as he went flying into Draupadi he then to began to sing an emotional song on behalf of Arjun and Draupadi.

Arjun who had now regained his composure turned to look at Krishna who had began to sing, Arjun and Draupadi froze as they looked at each other and once again Arjun offered his hand but in the end grabbed Draupadi's hand anyway. The two began dancing a fiery dance, eyes trained on each other, Krishna smiled whilst looked at the two. True love is not a strong, fiery, impetuous passion. It is, on the contrary, an element calm and deep. It looks beyond mere externals, and is attracted by qualities alone. It is wise and discriminating, and its devotion is real and abiding.  The pure definition of love were dancing together. But for how long?Will they last? Questions flooded through both of their minds, the love was there right? The song finished and Draupadi shoved Arjun out the way and stood by her sisters. She was extremely uncomfortable with everyone's gaze falling upon her.

Finally the sangeet rasam was complete as people had started leaving much to Draupadi's delight she wandered off after the last guest had left and walked into her room before collapsing into a peaceful sleep, she hadn't bothered to take her jewellery off or even change into a light lengha,she hadn't even bothered taking her hair out even though she had a splitting headache. Arjun who was concerned walked into chambers only to find her passed out on her bed. Mentally chuckling at her state he looked at her closely and noticed that she looked uncomfortable he then realised she hadn't changed he blushed he gently began taking her ornaments and then undid her hair instantly her facial features relaxed as she snuggled into her bed and hugged a pillow she looked adorable with her all relaxed he settled down beside her kissing her forehead and scooping her up in his arms as she then hugged him back not knowing. He smiled.

Hey guys i hope you liked it do let me know in the comment section below and do vote love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!